2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Wigan White wrote:
Selby White wrote: Think we will get linked with every American or American based player given the 69ers link and JM been our Manager.
That is not saying some aren't true but a lot will turn out lazy journalism.
:shock:
:oops:
:lol:
Happens to us all n'est pas? :lol: Come on Sam Planks Disco!
Keep The Faith / WAL
The last Waltz
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by The last Waltz »

The Fonz wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Nohan Kenneh joins Hibernian in a permanent transfer.
Watched a few U23's games when he's played and still not obvious what his best position is (CB or DM).
Big powerful lad and a real beast when playing well but prone to a few too many careless passes.

Think he will continue to develop and eventually become a decent player but not ready for Prem yet.
Not going to play first team here so makes sense, tough decisions when they reach a age where they want games.

Good Luck to him.

Wonder if we have a sell on clause.
Really disappointed by this … and No it sounds like he was out of contract, with no compensation when moving abroad.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Kalvin to city really picking up steam and it makes sense since Fernandinho is gone. Already confirmed numerous places he is their top target and not just the rags.

I think we can replace Phillips with Matheus Nunes and still have like 40 million left over (not saying we will). It is almost a no brainer if City pay the 70-80 million.
One of the likely replacements is Tyler Adams because him and marsch are very good mates. We could literally take both for Kalvin and probably still have funds left.

The England tax sweetens the blow here. kalvin is actually my fav footballer so I will be happy if he stays but being pragmatic I think it isn't the end of the world

Another one that is bugging me is that we are not looking at Hickey at Bologna. Would instantly sort out our left back problems and is only 19.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

We should be trying to keep Kalvin and other good players, you don't build a team or squad spirit by changing your key staff.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Selby White wrote: Think we will get linked with every American or American based player given the 69ers link and JM been our Manager.
That is not saying some aren't true but a lot will turn out lazy journalism.
:shock:
:oops:
:lol:
Happens to us all n'est pas? :lol: Come on Sam Planks Disco!
Oops :oops: :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

The Fonz wrote:We should be trying to keep Kalvin and other good players, you don't build a team or squad spirit by changing your key staff.
Yeah I would be happy for Kalvin to stay. I just think it is out of our hands this summer. If City want him they will get him. I am just trying to add a " look on the bright side"
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The Fonz wrote:We should be trying to keep Kalvin and other good players, you don't build a team or squad spirit by changing your key staff.
Priority No1 - Tie Kalvin & Raph on longer deals (why not? ).

Priority No2 - Decide what our regular formation will be under Marsch. This is important in my view to structure the squad.

Priority No3 - Get players we are not going to use off the wage bill (sell or if not loan).

Priority No 4 - Decide which players that were deemed U23's at start of last season will be part of the first team squad this coming season. In my view Gelhardt, Summerville, Greenwood & Cresswell are certainties. Can make a case for Klaesson, Bate & Heldje but maybe can still benefit by been on the fringe (training with 1st team and playing U23's).

Priority No5 - Fill in the squad gaps with quality players that will enhance the team.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Yeah I would be happy for Kalvin to stay. I just think it is out of our hands this summer. If City want him they will get him. I am just trying to add a " look on the bright side"
The thing with staying up is they will need to pay the asking price, from what I read both Kalvin & Raph had relegation release clauses.
Both still under contract so we hold the cards.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Selby White wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
The thing with staying up is they will need to pay the asking price, from what I read both Kalvin & Raph had relegation release clauses.
Both still under contract so we hold the cards.
Yeah was massive. Ideally i would like them both here and us to spend funds to add players of sim quality around them and really go for it. i was vomitting at the thought of losing both for about 50 mill. i think we can force City to pay huge money for Kalvin to the point where we won't be too bothered. I don't think Kalvin is worth 80 but I think City might pay it, I really do.

I think after the world cup Raphinha will be worth an absolute fortune. I think it would be very shrewd to get him in another contract without a clause if possible. Or a very big one. I really think he is worth 100 mill definitely by then.

Selling one would allow us to shed our championship skin and spread tge quality around tye pitch. Qe could litwrally add 3x30 mill players from the continent and the drop down 1 vs 1 wouldn't be all that big. maybe we wait one more season with both... I doubt Kalvin will hold that England place too long though. He might be at his max value now.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

I think we should go for Jesse Lingard before West Ham have him back and the price is around 25million (it was a while ago ) as that is what was offered to West Ham if they wanted him the first time around but West ham said they could not afford that amount!!