Should we keep Marsch if relegated? (Poll)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is Marsch right manager for the Championship (if relegated)

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 66

Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Should we keep Marsch if relegated? (Poll)

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I have voted keep him

BECAUSE there is no option of 'Get rid as Bielsa is coming back' :D

He has been given the job and the unenviable task of following one of our most popular-ever managers, for me he has earned the right to have a crack at succeeding when everything is more settled. Do I like his 'ways'? No, not really, but in the end, in spite of the negativity towards him, some of it which feels really distasteful to me TBH, and the luck we've perhaps had in certain wins, he deserves the time to make it 'his' club. We had some luck with MB this season too, and I bloody love the bloke!
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

guitarmark wrote:What worries me about Marsch was reflected at a point today in the game - They only had 9 men - It was 1-1 for us and 2-1 against Burnley - Yet we were scared to take them on - 4 CB's on the pitch + Firpo - I now know it was a big if, but if Burnley had have made it 2-2 we'd have had no/little time to get a winner - I know in the end we did - But that should have been part of a pro-active attempt 10-15 mins earlier - Klich should have been on earlier and probably Shacks - But for a while we were so negative and no need for it - Hope this is not a sign of what is to come
Completely agree. I'd much rather get Corberan, if Forest wins in Wembley.
I have a feeling Marsch wouldn't last a whole season here.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

After yesterday, I'm willing to give Marsch until October/November, to show some progress.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

SiMamu wrote:After yesterday, I'm willing to give Marsch until October/November, to show some progress.
I do believe people earn things even if I don't really believe in them. So yeah he has earned it.
I do prefer a Corberan option but it won't happen.
I don't like all the motivational crap from JM especially in public with the really forced "we we we" stuff.
Also if he is sure it isn't about him then he doesn't need to keep saying it.
I really want less media time from him. Just do the job and talk about football. Keep the inspiring talks you had with your players away from media for god sake. It is really narcissistic behaviour

I will say though that Orta should be gone either way and we should be picking Marsch's brain about the RB recruiting process etc and putting something similar into practice (maybe even trying to loot their best staff) Radz won't though. I think Orta is going to be hard to remove unless we actually go down. Maybe the 49ers might want him gone and we get lucky.