Should we keep Marsch if relegated? (Poll)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is Marsch right manager for the Championship (if relegated)

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 66

blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Should we keep Marsch if relegated? (Poll)

Post by blackbox2342 »

I am curious to see how people are feeling about Marsch, particularly if we are relegated?

My sense is that the time he has had has not shown what he is about but my big concern is that the players we have don't fit his system and I don't trust the board to rectify this

If we are relegated do we stick with Marsch?

It is a risk if we do and a risk if we do not.

On balance I think we need to give him a chance to have a full summer window and pre-season. I'm not sure who else would be available and we will at least then be able to assess whether he has a plan / tactics.

Admittedly not been impressed by the performances since he took over but Bielsa's intensity was always going to be tough for anyone to follow!

The risk in keeping him is wasting a good part of the Championship season.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Should we keep Marsch if relegated? (Poll)

Post by Metro1962 »

I think it is best to cast votes on Sunday after the game?
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Metro1962 wrote:I think it is best to cast votes on Sunday after the game?
I considered this but I suspect most have thoughts on it already. They were talking about it over on the Square Ball.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

He’s won 3 out of 11 games.

One of which was a last kick of the game win against a relegated side, another was a very lucky win against a team very unlucky to be reduced to 10 men when we had been battered prior to the sending off, and the other was a win against another relegated side.

Get rid before he turns us into a League 1 team.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I put no but somehow I think the 49's and the board will go yes no matter what!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

I say no. He talks a big game, but we look like we can’t string two passes together at the minute and every time we get the ball, we look under pressure. We may stay up, we may not, but his football isn’t the answer either way I don’t think.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

I would seriously consider looking at other managers available even if we stay up. I think he is a terrible fit after quite liking him initially but we look awful and he is a liability with the media. I don't like a manager that doesn't have an instinct to not give much to the media. Behaves like a goof and says stupid things. Sacking Bielsa was a disaster. At least with Bielsa you could be confident that we would probably rip the championship apart next time and that he would stay on principle to do that. That for me was the real risk all along, Bielsa would have stayed on and worked wonders with the young players left over.

Anyway. I will not even bother to think about this til Sunday again. I am fuming.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

corkleedsmot wrote:I would seriously consider looking at other managers available even if we stay up. I think he is a terrible fit after quite liking him initially but we look awful and he is a liability with the media. I don't like a manager that doesn't have an instinct to not give much to the media. Behaves like a goof and says stupid things. Sacking Bielsa was a disaster. At least with Bielsa you could be confident that we would probably rip the championship apart next time and that he would stay on principle to do that. That for me was the real risk all along, Bielsa would have stayed on and worked wonders with the young players left over.

Anyway. I will not even bother to think about this til Sunday again. I am fuming.
Out of interest, what made you like him initially mate ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Bodboy
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Bodboy »

Hope Huddersfield fail at the final hurdle then bring Corboran back
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Bodboy wrote:Hope Huddersfield fail at the final hurdle then bring Corboran back
Agree I saw the Huddersfield job as the apprentiship before the real job.

Big No from me not confident at all he would get us back but as others have said its no guarantee with someone else. How many managers did it take last time?

Still not down yet, we can beat Brentford this league has another twist in it. Got to believe that.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.