We are staying up

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: We are staying up

Post by Clarke One Nil »

Most nerve racking match I’ve watched in years.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Can't quite believe it.

So proud, and yes, so emotional as well, thankfully not in public as it would have been embarrassing :D

SUPER LEEDS
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Genuinely surprised - I thought we'd had it.

Still totally unconvinced by Marsch so Lord knows what next season will bring. But for now, let's celebrate!
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

I must admit I’ve shed a few tears at the end of that game. The emotions and stress!! I was so convinced we would be the ones going down. Well done to the team and to Raphinha. He will leave with my blessing now for winning and converting that penalty. He came good when we needed him to. He looked well happy in amongst the supporters. I wonder if he wants to stay now??!!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

judy wrote:I must admit I’ve shed a few tears at the end of that game. The emotions and stress!! I was so convinced we would be the ones going down. Well done to the team and to Raphinha. He will leave with my blessing now for winning and converting that penalty. He came good when we needed him to. He looked well happy in amongst the supporters. I wonder if he wants to stay now??!!
I think he'd like to stay but the appeal of one of the giants of the modern game is too strong. I've asked people 'in the know' if they thought he was def leaving, a few weeks back, and all said yes they did think he was leaving. He took responsibility today, to lead by example, I thought. Same with KP but to a lesser extent, but he won't be leaving with my blessing, if he IS on his way :angel:
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
judy wrote:I must admit I’ve shed a few tears at the end of that game. The emotions and stress!! I was so convinced we would be the ones going down. Well done to the team and to Raphinha. He will leave with my blessing now for winning and converting that penalty. He came good when we needed him to. He looked well happy in amongst the supporters. I wonder if he wants to stay now??!!
I think he'd like to stay but the appeal of one of the giants of the modern game is too strong. I've asked people 'in the know' if they thought he was def leaving, a few weeks back, and all said yes they did think he was leaving. He took responsibility today, to lead by example, I thought. Same with KP but to a lesser extent, but he won't be leaving with my blessing, if he IS on his way :angel:
One of my mates is a Liverpool fan, and he says he'd be underwhelmed if they signed Raphinha and to be honest I understand. He won and scored a penalty today but the honest truth is that he's mostly been poor this season. His crossing, dribbling, set pieces and general distribution really have let him down time and time and again. I think teams will be sniffing around him but I'd be surprised if he ends up at one of the real top teams in Europe, and if he doesn't he might as well stay with us, raise his game back to the levels of the previous season and see where that takes him.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Simply put..............I'm happy and relieved
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Costy wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
One of my mates is a Liverpool fan, and he says he'd be underwhelmed if they signed Raphinha and to be honest I understand. He won and scored a penalty today but the honest truth is that he's mostly been poor this season. His crossing, dribbling, set pieces and general distribution really have let him down time and time and again. I think teams will be sniffing around him but I'd be surprised if he ends up at one of the real top teams in Europe, and if he doesn't he might as well stay with us, raise his game back to the levels of the previous season and see where that takes him.
Liverpool have Salah, Mane, Firmino and Jota so I can completely understand why your pal would say that.

I’d love him to stay, but it won’t happen. Barcelona or another European club would be my guess.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Was watching from my laptop in my mum's garden, ran the full like a madman up and down the lawn when Harrison's goal went in.

Had fully prepared myself for the "inevitable" and did not think the results would go our way. Was sure whatever we did, Burnley were going to match it and scupper us.

What an unbelievable escape. What a club!!
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Weird, weird day.

I only made it home in time for kick off, but continuously struggled to get decent wifi to stream the match.

Felt oddly glum all the way through - think I was resigned to relegation all week. It took Burnleys goal to eventually get the nerves going. Spent the remainder walking between sitting and dining rooms.

FAR more relieved this morning.

MOT all :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay