Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Raphinha

Post by Aqua- »

Id love to see him stay (with us massively investing for next season), but really thinks he will thanks us for the love and move forward.

I heard that we ask 55 mil for him but barca are too cheap to pay. Bottom line - the rumor says we demand 55mil for him which is too little imo. I say ask for a solid 70mil. He's worth it.
Rodrigo cost us nearly 30, and so is DJ. Rice is valued at a very high price so 70 for rapha seems fair.
Im willing to get 65mil for him if barca buy back firpo for double what we paid
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Aqua- wrote: (with us massively investing for next season).
We wouldn't be investing massively if we sold our crown jewels we would be gambling.
We need to keep Kalvin & Raph imho or the signings are papering over cracks.
Metro1962

Post by Metro1962 »

Would it not be better if we just let Raph's contract end in two years time as we will get a lot more of of him for two more seasons then letting him go for a very cheap 50/60 million?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Metro1962 wrote:Would it not be better if we just let Raph's contract end in two years time as we will get a lot more of of him for two more seasons then letting him go for a very cheap 50/60 million?
If his contract ran down we would get nothing for him.

We could of course offer him a better/longer contract, he may actually want to stay here, may just be worth upping his salary.
For all the theories of who we should get to replace him for various amounts is only good if it works out, that can never be guaranteed.
If we can sign a player for say £30mill and sell Raph for £60mill looks great on paper but if the other player doesn't perform where are we then.
We would need to get lucky.

Ask the question if these £30mill available are as good as Raph why arn't Barca & Arsenal chasing them :?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CanuckMightyWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Selby White wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:Would it not be better if we just let Raph's contract end in two years time as we will get a lot more of of him for two more seasons then letting him go for a very cheap 50/60 million?
If his contract ran down we would get nothing for him.

We could of course offer him a better/longer contract, he may actually want to stay here, may just be worth upping his salary.
For all the theories of who we should get to replace him for various amounts is only good if it works out, that can never be guaranteed.
If we can sign a player for say £30mill and sell Raph for £60mill looks great on paper but if the other player doesn't perform where are we then.
We would need to get lucky.

Ask the question if these £30mill available are as good as Raph why arn't Barca & Arsenal chasing them :?
These 30M players are exciting purely on potential. However, De Ketalaire and Gapko are rated by everyone and probably a higher end talent than Aaronson plus they are young with resale values. The reason bigger CL teams aren’t chasing them is because they want the finished products now for immediate impact and can’t give them the required game time necessary for their development.
As to why Arsenal are interested in Raphinha and not these 30M guys is baffling.
Metro1962

Post by Metro1962 »

So Raph going to Barca has been knocked on the head as it was reported he wanted a move there so has Raph said he wants to go to another PL club seen as Barca is out of the equation now?
CanuckMightyWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Metro1962 wrote:So Raph going to Barca has been knocked on the head as it was reported he wanted a move there so has Raph said he wants to go to another PL club seen as Barca is out of the equation now?
I don’t think he has, but Deco has been seen in London potentially discussing a potential move for him. Am sure Raphinha is itching to showcase his talent in the CL, but the looming WC may be to Leeds advantage.

Also I suspect both Raphinha and Deco have started to realize that Barca’s financial woes aren’t fixable for the foreseeable future and another PL move may be best for him now, provided his game time doesn’t suffer too much given the WC. Otherwise he would be better served staying at Leeds until the next summer when Barca may be better able to afford him and the World Cup is over and done with.
Yeboahswitness
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Yeboahswitness »

1. If Raphinha wants to go to Barca, but they cannot afford him, then it would be better for him to stay for a year. The fewer years left on his contract, the cheaper he becomes no? Personally I would not sell for less than 100 million. Then I would spend 60 million and get Saint-Maximin from Newcastle. Surprised we haven't tapped him up a bit
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Yeboahswitness wrote:1. If Raphinha wants to go to Barca, but they cannot afford him, then it would be better for him to stay for a year. The fewer years left on his contract, the cheaper he becomes no? Personally I would not sell for less than 100 million. Then I would spend 60 million and get Saint-Maximin from Newcastle. Surprised we haven't tapped him up a bit
Saint-Maximin is probably NU's most popular player, and maybe their best paid, while the club is supposedly now one of the richest around. Not a chance they'd be interested in selling him or swayed by anything but a massive fee of much much more than his actual worth. In my humble opinion :thumbup:
hugo70
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by hugo70 »

Puede mudarse a barcelo a vivir si es su deseo pero a jugar es inviable, el Barcelona no cuenta con efectivo para pagarlo, no es viable de ninguna forma y no es prioridad para el tecnico