Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Raphinha

Post by Barlow Boy »

hugo70 wrote:Puede mudarse a barcelo a vivir si es su deseo pero a jugar es inviable, el Barcelona no cuenta con efectivo para pagarlo, no es viable de ninguna forma y no es prioridad para el tecnico
:thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Dunno where that quote is from but here's what google translate makes of it!

"Puede mudarse a barcelo a vivir si es su deseo pero a jugar es inviable, el Barcelona no cuenta con efectivo para pagarlo, no es viable de ninguna forma y no es prioridad para el tecnico"

=

"You can move to Barcelona to live if you wish, but playing is not feasible, Barcelona does not have the cash to pay for it, it is not feasible in any way and it is not a priority for the coach"
Yeboahswitness
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Yeboahswitness »

I am confused. Have Leeds already spent the Raphinha money? I do not understand why Chelsea are even in the discussion. In Raphinha's mind , I thought it was Barcelona or nothing. if Barcelona cannot afford him then let them wait like we did with Aaronsen. Couldn't they also take him on loan for the season with an obligation to buy? Someone please put me straight here
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Yeboahswitness wrote:I am confused. Have Leeds already spent the Raphinha money? I do not understand why Chelsea are even in the discussion. In Raphinha's mind , I thought it was Barcelona or nothing. if Barcelona cannot afford him then let them wait like we did with Aaronsen. Couldn't they also take him on loan for the season with an obligation to buy? Someone please put me straight here
I doubt we’ve already spent the Raphinha money, we’ve spent something in the region of £90M, with around £45M coming back the other way with Kalvin, leaving a net spend around £45M, that’s not a lot really in Premier League terms.

As for what Raphinha is going to do, I’m with you I think it’s Barcelona or nothing in his mind. As I’ve said previously, some form of compromise will be reached somewhere along the line in my opinion, although I’d love him to stay.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Imagine him on one wing and Sinisterra on the other (providing he lives up to the videos lol)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Imagine him on one wing and Sinisterra on the other (providing he lives up to the videos lol)
Either with Jack H on the other wing will do me.

Snapshot of the last 10 games and Jack was our best player imho.
Raph was average until the last couple but POM at Brentford.
Wingers by nature are inconsistent Jack bucks the trend even his poor games he still is above average.
Raph (and suspect Sinisterra is the same) can win a game nearly single handed then another day do zilch.

Yes it would be great with them both on fire but there again if both having off days it would be costly.

To me I'd always opt for one flair winger and on grafter (not that Jack hasn't got flair just not his top attribute).

It's about team balance for me.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

If Raphinha is that set on joining Barca, and his Agent - who will earn a bundle wherever his client lands - is that determined to get him there, there is a simple solution with regard to the shortfall on what the offer is from Barca and Chelsea have put on the table.

The player and his representative can stump up the difference! But then it's always much, much easy to throw away someone else's money isn't it? Ain't going to happen I know but Leeds should not be taking a financial hit over this transfer.

Raphinha has asked to be excused the Australia trip which the Club seem to have agreed to. They are doing right by him but there seems to be a deadline for resolving this i.e. Barca match the Chelsea offer from what I am reading by this weekend. Perhaps this will be sorted by Monday?
Keep The Faith / WAL
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

PhoenixUnited wrote:If Raphinha is that set on joining Barca, and his Agent - who will earn a bundle wherever his client lands - is that determined to get him there, there is a simple solution with regard to the shortfall on what the offer is from Barca and Chelsea have put on the table.

The player and his representative can stump up the difference! But then it's always much, much easy to throw away someone else's money isn't it? Ain't going to happen I know but Leeds should not be taking a financial hit over this transfer.

Raphinha has asked to be excused the Australia trip which the Club seem to have agreed to. They are doing right by him but there seems to be a deadline for resolving this i.e. Barca match the Chelsea offer from what I am reading by this weekend. Perhaps this will be sorted by Monday?
You are correct Phoenix, problem solved if Raph and his agent stump up the money.
Excused from the AUS trip, hope he is doing the honourable thing and not claiming his salary.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

He’s done some fantastic things for us the last couple of years. But he clearly doesn’t want to play here anymore. No problem with that to be honest, he has big ambitions. But he returned to training late and has, it would seem, asked to be excused from key preseason activities. Let’s just hope the deal is done soon and he can go on his merry way while we get the right fee for him.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The Fonz wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:If Raphinha is that set on joining Barca, and his Agent - who will earn a bundle wherever his client lands - is that determined to get him there, there is a simple solution with regard to the shortfall on what the offer is from Barca and Chelsea have put on the table.
You are correct Phoenix, problem solved if Raph and his agent stump up the money.
Excused from the AUS trip, hope he is doing the honourable thing and not claiming his salary.
Snowball's chance in hell methinks! :D
Keep The Faith / WAL