Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Raphinha

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I think we all know that Rafa is on his way to Barcelona & I’m sure although it’ll hurt to lose him it’s a dream move for any player. Realistically what will we receive for his ? Apparently we’ve turned down an offer of £30m. I think £50m is nearer the mark which would smash the reported £30m we received for Rio Ferdinand.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Raphinha

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I believe his head was turned after the last time he flew back from Brazil and we’ve only seen occasional bits of magic from him . Far too often he’s been anonymous for large parts of games. His temperament is iffy but I suppose that could be classed as his Latino way.

Any negotiations have to start in excess of £50 million for me he’s a better player than Jack Grealish and we know what Manchester City paid for him.

His flair and personality will leave a huge gap in the squad but as above it’s a huge opportunity for him but we need to hold out for the maximum amount.
Muttzzer
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Muttzzer »

£50m plus add-ons. Otherwise, don’t come to the table.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As I said in the other thread I'm not yet convinced Barca will follow up their interest now we've stayed up.
They were hoping to get him for around £25mill as per the clause in his contract if we were relegated.

That is not saying he won't leave but I'm not giving up hope of him staying, not until a deal is confirmed.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

50 million with 50% sell on fee or forget it. :D

Won't happen but we can dream
:lol:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

I'd take their 35m but it would have to come with at least one first team starter or two squad players in exchange as well, plus a hefty share of the sell-on fee.

Pure cash deal has to be 50m and a substantial amount up front.
The last Waltz
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by The last Waltz »

Firstly any player (particularly South American) would get his head turned with the opportunity to play Barca or Real. Bloody hell we’d all fancy a bit of Barca if only for the weather! However we need to play hard ball. I wouldn’t accept anything less than £65m. Sancho /Mahrez / Diaz money plus sum for inflation. Torres went there in January €65m, this fella is presently ahead of Vinicius in the Brazil reckoning.

Our best hope of recouping more than his worth is Newcastle wanting to make a statement signing and offering say £80m with a salary of £250,000 per week, double money than that on offer at Barca might persuade him to forsake sunny spain for dreary Durham.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I've only seen Barca that are ones that are showing real interest in him but they don't have the money that we want. Perhaps £30-£35m plus Dest. Wouldn't be too shabby. I just don't think that we are going to get £50m+
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

The most important thing is the board don't allow themselves to be bullied over the transfer. Whether we get cash, whether we get player(s) + cash or even if we just did a player swap, so long as the value adds up it's fine, we just have to hold the line over valuation.

Ultimately I'm sure we're all very happy for the lad to stay, and he'll get over it if he has to wait another year or two before he gets a bigger move - so hold the line, we've got his contract and we're under zero pressure to sell.

I hope the board are smart enough to realise that if they capitulate over the crown jewels there'll be a revolution!
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mshnd06 »

I'd be satisfied with 20 million, Dest and Puig. I might be an idiot, though.