Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: Raphinha

Post by The Fonz »

Good post Telford I tend to agree with you.

With regards to Firpo I can see what Phoenix is saying, I would describe him as undisciplined in the way he plays. I'm not writing him off though as don't think he is bad as some fans claim and if the powers that be like him then I'll give him the benefit of doubt, but he does need to string some decent consistent performances.

Dan James is a other that gets his fair bit of stick but I like him and I like his attitude. To me he's suffered from not getting a run in his best position, confident he will do well in the long term.
May have to be patient if Raph & Jack stay, doubt many clubs can boast two wingers that score double figures.

Once the season starts whoever the personnel are will be getting behind them.
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mshnd06 »

Selby White wrote:
mshnd06 wrote:I think the unfortunate reality is that we are still a selling club for the foreseeable future. I just struggle to see a scenario in which Raphinha isn't sold.
On what evidence are we a selling club?

Am I missing something or have we sold someone to finance the running of the club.
Recent seasons financially our incomings have been at higher cost than outgoings.
A selling club is one that has to sell players to survive.

If such as Raphina decides he wants to go (maybe wants a crack at European football) and we decide to let him (he's still under contract although if a player wants to go I'd let him, daft to let them run contracts down) I would like to think the money would be used to replace him.
That does not constitute a selling club.
I guess selling club means something different on this side of the Atlantic. Refers to a strategy employed by (typically smaller market) clubs unable to attract or retain the most elite talent (ESL clubs) and so do business by finding bargains, developing them and/or providing a platform for them to increase their profile, sell them at a profit and then reinvest in the next, larger batch of bargains. Isn't meant in the sense of liquidating football assets to retain business solvency.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

mshnd06 wrote:
Selby White wrote:
mshnd06 wrote:I think the unfortunate reality is that we are still a selling club for the foreseeable future. I just struggle to see a scenario in which Raphinha isn't sold.
On what evidence are we a selling club?

Am I missing something or have we sold someone to finance the running of the club.
Recent seasons financially our incomings have been at higher cost than outgoings.
A selling club is one that has to sell players to survive.

If such as Raphina decides he wants to go (maybe wants a crack at European football) and we decide to let him (he's still under contract although if a player wants to go I'd let him, daft to let them run contracts down) I would like to think the money would be used to replace him.
That does not constitute a selling club.
I guess selling club means something different on this side of the Atlantic. Refers to a strategy employed by (typically smaller market) clubs unable to attract or retain the most elite talent (ESL clubs) and so do business by finding bargains, developing them and/or providing a platform for them to increase their profile, sell them at a profit and then reinvest in the next, larger batch of bargains. Isn't meant in the sense of liquidating football assets to retain business solvency.
Can see the culture difference but from what we've seen of our Club we are nowhere near a selling club (from a English view).
As SW says we don't appear to need to sell, one thing Radz seems to have done is sort the finances.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Currently playing for Brazil in Japan available on the net usual streams are showing the game.
Winner of the Europa League
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Currently playing for Brazil in Japan available on the net usual streams are showing the game.
Amazing we have Brazil's free-kick taker and star man. Anything under £70M would be a steal... it's irrelevant what we paid for him, he's one of the best young players in world football right now.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Leicester White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Currently playing for Brazil in Japan available on the net usual streams are showing the game.
Amazing we have Brazil's free-kick taker and star man. Anything under £70M would be a steal... it's irrelevant what we paid for him, he's one of the best young players in world football right now.
:thumbup: :clap:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

NottinghamWhite wrote:West Ham are coming
I honestly think Raph and Phillips are both only likely to leave to a top club. They're prime age, proven quality for club and country, and have either dropped out of UCL (Raph) or never played in it (Kalvin), so I find it very hard to imagine clubs like West Ham would be in with a shout for either. I've got a lot of time for what West Ham have achieved in the last few seasons, but honestly, if you've got Liverpool, City, Bayern and Barcelona after you, would you really consider going to The London Stadium?

I've said all along, I think Raph will end up at Liverpool, and Kalvin will either still be with us, or be playing the Fernandinho role at Citeh.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Bring on a bidding war........please! :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Leonickroberts wrote:
I honestly think Raph and Phillips are both only likely to leave to a top club. They're prime age, proven quality for club and country, and have either dropped out of UCL (Raph) or never played in it (Kalvin), so I find it very hard to imagine clubs like West Ham would be in with a shout for either. I've got a lot of time for what West Ham have achieved in the last few seasons, but honestly, if you've got Liverpool, City, Bayern and Barcelona after you, would you really consider going to The London Stadium?

I've said all along, I think Raph will end up at Liverpool, and Kalvin will either still be with us, or be playing the Fernandinho role at Citeh.
You will probably get more games at West Ham