Paul Hunt named new club CEO

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2

Paul Hunt named new club CEO

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Official announcement
Leeds United are delighted to announce the appointment of Paul Hunt as the club's new acting CEO.

Paul brings a wealth of footballing experience to the club having previously been Deputy CEO at Blackburn Rovers and Commercial Director at both Leicester City and Wigan Athletic.

Paul has already been assisting the club on a consultancy basis and his appointment as acting CEO comes with the start of the new Championship season less than two weeks away.

Managing Director David Haigh said: "We are very pleased with this appointment as it strengthens the existing management team we have in place. Paul has already been working with the club in an advisory capacity and in his new role he will have a key part to play in the day to day management of the club."

Paul Hunt said: "I'm delighted to have the opportunity to join Leeds United. It goes without saying that this is a huge football club with a terrific history and fanbase.

"Having already witnessed the enthusiasm and dedication of the staff here during my time as a consultant, I am looking forward to working more closely with them and the owners."
Deleted User 2

Re: Paul Hunt named new club CEO

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Have personally never heard of the guy before, but he has some background, and googling his name turns out a bit of background on how and why he left Blackburn: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 23164.html + http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Hunt.html.

Sounds sensible enough, in how he appreciates the fans' position, as well as the club's, at the time.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Hmmm, Blackburn Rovers you say, that superbly run club owned by marvellously qualified and genuine businessmen. Why 'acting', any ideas?
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Lee »

It's good that the club have got a footballing man to advise on footballing matters. Not sure about the Blackburn connection though :wtf:
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Seems a decent enough appointment. :thumbup:
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

CEO and MD for a £30m turnover business.... Chiefs and indians me thinks.
vikingleeds
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Paul Hunt named new club CEO, is quite funny

Post by vikingleeds »

paul hunt. i did not know how good a gymnastic he was nor what a good sens of humor here is paul hunt at his best everybody

i'm sure thats the sort of skils we need for our ceo