Phillips or Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Which one

Raphinha
30%
Phillips
70%

Total votes: 40

corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Phillips or Raphinha

Post by corkleedsmot »

I would keep Raph if it was for keeps. Kalvin was massive in a lone pivot and the most important player in the system. I think he is easier to replace now in a double. Also he will never be more valuable than he is now.
He will have massive competition in the England squad after this year is out
I think Raph will be more valuable in the future to the team in terms of creativity and goals and in a $$ sense. He could be worth 100 after the world cup and will hold value better.

I am resigned to the fact that both will leave and hoping we see the team more balanced throughout the pitch in terms of quality with good recruitment.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Kalvin 100%. In my opinion he has a rarer skill set which will be harder to replace. Also, loyalty, the local connection, key part of the squad, key part of the culture... all the little things we get with Kalvin are literally priceless to me.

I'll be as gutted as I was when Marcelo was fired if Kalvin leaves, Kalvin is Leeds Utd and to toss that in favour of some cash wouldn't sit well with me.

If he decides he wants to go to a champions league club to fulfil his personal ambitions after giving us so many good years, then he would go with my blessing but if we have an option, in my opinion, we have to do everything we can to keep him.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Kalvin for me also for all the reasons already stated.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

corkleedsmot wrote:I would keep Raph if it was for keeps. Kalvin was massive in a lone pivot and the most important player in the system. I think he is easier to replace now in a double. Also he will never be more valuable than he is now.
He will have massive competition in the England squad after this year is out
I think Raph will be more valuable in the future to the team in terms of creativity and goals and in a $$ sense. He could be worth 100 after the world cup and will hold value better.

I am resigned to the fact that both will leave and hoping we see the team more balanced throughout the pitch in terms of quality with good recruitment.
This plus Raph is younger and perhaps less injury prone.
The Squirrel

Post by The Squirrel »

Which one what?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

The Squirrel wrote:Which one what?
ChillwellWhite wrote:Both are around £60m if they decide to go but you can keep one which would it be ? Kalvin for his defensive work or Rapha for his forward play. Have a feeling this will be a close thing. For me it’s Rapha as I feel KP isn’t the same player since Marcelo left.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

It’s looking more and more likely that if Kalvin goes then it’ll be to Manchester City where let’s be honest he will be nothing more than a squad player but a very rich squad player. It wouldn’t bother me if this is what he chooses I’d rather he stay but I’d rather he went there than Scum, Liverpool or Chelsea.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Latest piece from Phil Hay in The Athletic makes it sound inevitable that City are coming in for Phillips and are confident of landing him for £45-50m.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
superfox

Post by superfox »

Leonickroberts wrote:Latest piece from Phil Hay in The Athletic makes it sound inevitable that City are coming in for Phillips and are confident of landing him for £45-50m.
Unfortunately his recent England games did not help much to raise his asking price.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

superfox wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:Latest piece from Phil Hay in The Athletic makes it sound inevitable that City are coming in for Phillips and are confident of landing him for £45-50m.
Unfortunately his recent England games did not help much to raise his asking price.
It's still down to Leeds to dictate the price, Man City can be as confident as they want but he's still under contract here.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.