Members clubs, Supporters clubs

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Members clubs, Supporters clubs

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Have you ever become a member ? I was a cofounder of Nottingham Whites where we applied to become a Members Club but shortly afterwards we became an Independent Club. The group take a coach from Nottingham for every home game with pick ups on the M1 en route. Away games are covered dependant on allocations these days where a coach/mini bus is hired otherwise group train travel is organised. Back in the late 1960-70’s I was a member of the Scarborough branch of the supporters club. Anyone else a member or have any stories regarding travel.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Members club’s Supporters club’s

We played a league game at Walsall a few years back & took a full 49 seater coach. We stopped off at a local rugby club where I was picking up 12 tickets. The coach made its way to the ground with about 8 people on it. The police asked the driver where the rest were & he told them the rugby club. West Midlands finest sent out cars & vans to find us. We were walking to the ground & the grabbed 7 of our lads & put them in the paddy wagon and drove off. They were put in cells inside the Bescot. I found the officer in charge & asked why had they been arrested l was told in no uncertain terms to go. At the end of the match they were taken to a police station & charged, to this day still have no idea what they did wrong. To this day they’re still known as the Walsall 7.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Members clubs, Supporters clubs

Nottingham Whites as of last night has 80 fully paid up members , think it’s a record. We’ve had more in the past but not paid up members. The Facebook page is getting busier & hopefully it isn’t just people asking for spare tickets. A 49 seater coach is fully booked for todays game & in the future extra transport maybe required to get people to Elland Road. Makes me very proud when 10 years ago we had to invite a couple of people along to our first meeting that weren’t Leeds fans just to get the numbers so we could be accepted into the Members Club on the evening.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Members clubs, Supporters clubs

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote: 06 Aug 2022, 09:25 Nottingham Whites as of last night has 80 fully paid up members , think it’s a record. We’ve had more in the past but not paid up members. The Facebook page is getting busier & hopefully it isn’t just people asking for spare tickets. A 49 seater coach is fully booked for todays game & in the future extra transport maybe required to get people to Elland Road. Makes me very proud when 10 years ago we had to invite a couple of people along to our first meeting that weren’t Leeds fans just to get the numbers so we could be accepted into the Members Club on the evening.
Great effort, no doubt I’ll be seeing them in the pub before the game ;)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.