Leeds sign Jack Butland on loan

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Leeds sign Jack Butland on loan

Post by dangermouse »

Fernandopartridge wrote:Brilliant signing, ups the competition for places when Paddy is back. I hope he produces the kind of form that got him that England cap!
The form that got him the England cap was playing for Cheltenham Town in League 2. I always thought that was a strange one.
Anyway, he certainly appears to be a good young player who fits the profile of the type of player we should be targeting, so good luck to him. We have unwittingly been the springboard for a few young players to break into the England squad. Just look at how Townsend and Barkley benefited from their spell at Leeds! :shifty:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

dangermouse wrote:
Fernandopartridge wrote:Brilliant signing, ups the competition for places when Paddy is back. I hope he produces the kind of form that got him that England cap!
The form that got him the England cap was playing for Cheltenham Town in League 2. I always thought that was a strange one.
Anyway, he certainly appears to be a good young player who fits the profile of the type of player we should be targeting, so good luck to him. We have unwittingly been the springboard for a few young players to break into the England squad. Just look at how Townsend and Barkley benefited from their spell at Leeds! :shifty:
History there with England GK's as well
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

SiMamu wrote:
rigger wrote:It's nice to see a nucleus of Brits at the club again, isn't it ?
I'm no xenophobe, but it's too easy to plump for "bargain" European players and, frankly, it's lazy. There's plenty of good players in the lower leagues so why not bring them through and see how far they go.

In fact, we could field an all-English squad at the moment, let alone British:

Butland
Peltier - Lees - Pearce - Warnock
Byram - Murphy - Mowatt - Stewart
Poleon - Smith

Subs: Cairns, Wootton, Pugh, Brown, Tonge, Thompson, Parkin

It's a long time since we've done that ...

Kenny was technically born in England. No Norris or Ashdown due to injury? What about Drury?

No McCormack... jeepers.

Butland's a good signing and signals some intent and ambition, as well as signifying the calibre of player we're now looking to attain.

Kenny's ours SiM and we might take Murphy while we're at it, and how would we manage without our Celt brother McCormack! :thumbup:
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Good temporary signing this is, and one that i think is a sign of things to come, intentions of Cellino and BmD working together, i wouldnt think this has anything to do with GFH at this stage.

Anymore suprises Brian? Give us a few more..... Thanks in advance

MOT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Young, fit, talented and as played for England ...... These are four things that aren't normally linked to any of our signings, if this is the Cellino factor, then I'm all for it. :thumbup: :clap:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
ulster_white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by ulster_white »

Good signing for Leeds, something we all seem to agree on, I seem to recall he was a very promising keeper but for some reason his career faltered, hope he can rebuild it now at ER.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Now that's something positive for the club!
Really excited about this. Just what was needed for a final try to push forward.
Come on you whites!
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

That's a good signing. Surprised its happened, thought it was idle speculation...
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Very happy with this signing, welcome Mr Butland.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.