Greatest Players

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dicky37
Giddy Kipper

Greatest Players

Post by dicky37 »

I have just been reading a 100 Greatest Leeds players as voted by Leeds fans on Wikipedia... Bremner 1st, Charles 2nd, no problem with that.

But there is no place for Terry Yorath on the list that has Vinnie Jones and Jermaine Beckford...

What fans voted on this cos it certainly wasn't me....

I first started going as a kid when Terry played and he was quality...

I don't get it let's have another vote!!!
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Greatest Players

Post by dskimcbski »

Welcome in mate,you've only gone n stumbled upon the best Leeds United forum on www :thumbup:
Get yourself introduced in the new members section of the board!!
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

That's the nature of such lists though, isn't it ?
Oh, and welcome, Dicky :D

It's like the old Fast Show sketch:

" Right. Banks in goal ... "
" 'old on ! What abaht Shilton ?? "
dicky37
Giddy Kipper

Post by dicky37 »

Quality Sketch and fair point......
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Trying to compare players from different era's is pointless. Having a poll is even more pointless. Voters who were too young to have seen the Leeds greats of the Revie era think that Jermaine Beckford is the bees knees. The fact that he made the top 100 at least gave me a good laugh. My own opinion is that you put John Charles first then have the discussion about the rest. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

For me it would be John Charles, Bobby Collins, then the entire first team & reserves from the early seventies.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Batty is a thug, GET IN!
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

johnh wrote:Trying to compare players from different era's is pointless. Having a poll is even more pointless. Voters who were too young to have seen the Leeds greats of the Revie era think that Jermaine Beckford is the bees knees. The fact that he made the top 100 at least gave me a good laugh. My own opinion is that you put John Charles first then have the discussion about the rest. :D
Here. here!
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

johnh wrote:Voters who were too young to have seen the Leeds greats of the Revie era think that Jermaine Beckford is the bees knees. The fact that he made the top 100 at least gave me a good laugh. My own opinion is that you put John Charles first then have the discussion about the rest. :D
This, I remember us being relegated out of the Prem so have pretty much missed all the good times, some of the best players I've seen in a Leeds shirt are Delph, Gradel, Snodgrass etc
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Aaron wrote:
johnh wrote:Voters who were too young to have seen the Leeds greats of the Revie era think that Jermaine Beckford is the bees knees. The fact that he made the top 100 at least gave me a good laugh. My own opinion is that you put John Charles first then have the discussion about the rest. :D
This, I remember us being relegated out of the Prem so have pretty much missed all the good times, some of the best players I've seen in a Leeds shirt are Delph, Gradel, Snodgrass etc
None of these three would have made Don Rievie's reserve team. Snodgrass might have had a chance if he'd improved his work-rate by 100%.
I once played against Don Revie.