Going to Elland Road

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Going to Elland Road

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Since we are going to the ground (as well as in Leeds, too) for the first time, here's some questions. Anyone caring to give some advice, would be really welcome.

1. How do we go the ground? We will be residing on a hotel near city centre. From what I 've seen on maps it's a bit far to go walking right? Taxis I've heard from friends studying/working in England are really expensive. A bus then? From where actually? How long does it take?
2. I 've bought tickets from the official site.To check my tickets, I just go the ground and give my name and the number they sent me?
3. Is it dangerous to walk the city centre wearing our colours (you may laugh, but in greece things are a bit dangerous even at home...)?
3. Finally, why does BM keep playing Rudy Austin? just kidding... :)
Cheers!

P.S. Games are Bolton and Reading at home.
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Going to Elland Road

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

You can walk it from the centre and it takes about 30 mins.

You can get the Number 1 bus from the centre to Beeston which takes 10-15mins.

You can get a bus that takes you direct to the ground and then back after the match,they leave from sovereign street which is under the railway bridge and at the set of traffic lights you turn left into it.

Its not dangerous to show your Leeds colours as there are plenty of Leeds fans in the city centre heading out to the ground.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Which hotel are you staying at? It is a decent length walk but many fans do walk from the city centre to the stadium, and back after the match, so it wouldn't be unsafe. Taxis are not too high-priced at all, from the city centre to the ground should definitely not exceed £10. Buses are good value too but possibly more complicated to catch.

Wearing colours is fine, though there may be a few bars who won't let you in if wearing,

You should probably get to the ticket collection point at least 30 minutes before kick-off, the queues are notorious, as is the slow service I think!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

If you get a taxi from the train station I can't imagine it would cost you much more than £3 the most it would be would be £4 get a taxi mate. It's a three minute ride from the train station. :thumbup:

A lot of us have asked that question about Austin, the conclusion I have come to, is he must be Brian's love child. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I suspect it's a £3 minimum fare with the cabs from the train station, just to advise.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

First of all thanks a lot mates! We 'll be staying at the Ibis hotel which is near or in city centre. I saw the club has a store at E.R. too, so I 'll definitely pay a visit there.
What about food and stuff at the stadium???

Austin is from Jamaica, so maybe :geek: is eyeing some nice and sunny summer vacations.. If so, coming from an island on the aegean sea myself, I am applying for a nice first eleven spot on the team right away! :thumbup:
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
woodywhite
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by woodywhite »

hi mate.

as one or two others have said, walk to the station from your hotel and get a taxi, it should cost no more than £10, then after the game, follow the crowds and have a steady walk back to the centre.

you will be perfectly safe, and among fellow Leeds fans.

the pick up point for your tickets is behind the north east corner stand, almost directly opposite the pavilion on lowfields road, tucked away behind the perimeter wall, just ask anyone and they will point you in the right direction, you will need to present the credit or debit card you paid for the tickets with when you pick them up.

there are plenty of food outlets around the outside and inside the ground, outside there are various burger and hot dog vans, and the famous Graveley's fish and chip shop opposite the south stand on elland road.
Inside the ground there are pies and burgers and crisps and sweets etc available in all the stands, as well as alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, note, in england, it is illegal to consume alcohol within view of the pitch, so if you get a beer, and then try and go to your seat, the stewards will stop you and make you drink it before you are allowed into the seating area.

the club shop at ER is right next to Billy Bremners statue, get yourselves in there, they have some good bargains on at the moment, so grab some and wear your colours with pride in Greece.

lastly.....ENJOY !!!!! :thumbup:
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

NikosAGr1985 wrote:First of all thanks a lot mates! We 'll be staying at the Ibis hotel which is near or in city centre. I saw the club has a store at E.R. too, so I 'll definitely pay a visit there.

Austin is from Jamaica, so maybe :geek: is eyeing some nice and sunny summer vacations.. If so, coming from an island on the aegean sea myself, I am applying for a nice first eleven spot on the team right away! :thumbup:
Do yourself a favour pal, eat before you set off to the ground. Plenty of places in the city centre, which will be much better quality and cheaper than in the stadium. We eat the food in the stadiums just to stay alive if you get my meaning mate.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

isrodger wrote:
NikosAGr1985 wrote:First of all thanks a lot mates! We 'll be staying at the Ibis hotel which is near or in city centre. I saw the club has a store at E.R. too, so I 'll definitely pay a visit there.

We eat the food in the stadiums just to stay alive if you get my meaning mate.
:lol: