Favourite Leeds United kit

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2

Favourite Leeds United kit

Post by Deleted User 2 »

[Re-post from the old forum, on behalf of Malcolm Stark]
What's your favourite Leeds kit?

Mine is the 1973-74 yellow away kit. It had everything. It had the superb "Smiley face" badge. The great collar. The Admiral logo. Leeds famously wore it when they beat Spurs 3-0, I remember Allan Clarke jumping on Bremner after he buried the third, and there it was, gleaming gloriously on our telly.

We first got a colour television in the Summer of 73. My god that was exciting. Prior to then, tv was black and white, and mostly fuzzy black and white, too. This was a brilliant television. Previously, the only time we caught a glimpse of colour television was when we visited a middle class friend's house. And the mother would ask if we wanted some fizzy pop, and I'd just be fixated on Scooby Doo in full colour, so I never answered.

Thing is, no football teams played in yellow back then. Norwich did, but they were never on Match of the Day, and as we were in the North-east, they were rarely on Shoot, Tyne-Tees version of The Big Match. Oh, and Brazil, but we never saw them in Colour until the 1974 World Cup Finals.

In the 80s and early 90s, of course, all teams played in a yellow away kit at some point. It was usually a dull, dank yellow, though, with blue, red, white or black pin-stripes down it. They were all horrible.

Leeds United's yellow away kit from 1973-74 was gleaming bright golden yellow, like the sun. The blue sock tags hung majestically from whatever was holding them on. I loved that 73-75 home kit too, the one they wore in that European Cup Final, playing Bayern off the park, in days when all English fans wanted the English team to win.

But that yellow kit, coming in as colour tv was still in its expensive infancy, just scrapes it for its sheer brilliance.
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Favourite Leeds United kit

Post by Malcolm Stark »

Cheers Bogdan. I tried looking so I could C and P, but kept hitting dead ends. I appreciate you putting the other one up too.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

These are my two favourite kits, as worn by Batts and Deano. The guns were used to humanely dispose of Frank Strandli

Vince Hilaire
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Vince Hilaire »

I'm fond of a few, but for me it has to be the Top-Man home and away kit.Still got them in my wardrobe.
any old iron
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Top Man for me too, the above for some reason used to scuff my neck
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Although I like this

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Home:

Away:

GK:

Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Think rigger posted mine, the blue away kit with BURTON sponsor. I still have the one my pop gave me:)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Top Man from the 89/90 promotion season
Home/Away shirts from seasons 78-80
RFW season 81/82 (yeah i know not a good season to remember)
Season 95/96 all white
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

Away Kit 03/04
03/04 clothes were awesome too
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015