please warn some of your members

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
turks
Giddy Kipper

please warn some of your members

Post by turks »

LUFC members from this forum have been spreading malicious lies on twitter claiming that 2 Chelsea supporters have been stabbed and murdered in Istanbul.

This is completely false and fabricated Please do not entertain such lies

This is not how LUFC fans would like to be remembered

"Turkish police confirm there were no stabbing cases between Chelsea-Galatasaray.
Lies spread by Leeds utd Fans"
Deleted User 2

Re: please warn some of your members

Post by Deleted User 2 »

I assume you mean some LUFC fans who are on twitter, which doesn't mean it's people from this website.

But I completely agree, last night's reaction was completely over the top and self-generating on Twitter from no accurate sources whatsoever.

On the other hand, I doubt this will make Leeds fans "be remembered" in a negative light as much as what Turkish fans of the big clubs are famous for: being guilty for killing opposition fans, torching stadiums, threatening their own players and generally creating havoc at most big games.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

it is another reminder of just how careful we have to be when using Twitter - I saw some of the tweets last night and then spent a while searching the news sites to try to get more info. Of course there was none.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Still no sign of any confirmation of this in the media today. It's strange to see a few websites mention there having been an incident (clearly not unlikely that scuffles/fights will have taken place, where blame can lie on either side), but no hospitalisation required, yet they still insist on mentioning "stabbings". It's important, of course, to tell the fans there is potential for trouble, and that they need to be cautious and stay safe, but echoing unsubstantiated rumours won't help.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

From the BBC london website-

BBC London reporter Warren Nettleford has located one of two fans 'stabbed' in Istanbul ahead of tonight's Galatasaray v Chelsea match.

Warren said: "He [injured fan] says that he was walking down an alley way last night with some other fans when a group approached and asked if they were Chelsea fans. He couldn't confirm if they were Galatasaray fans.

"One of them then, he says, stabbed him through the jeans with a sharp object. Although he didn't see what it was. He was wearing the same jeans and he showed me a small puncture through the fabric. He says it was fine, nothing serious and didn't want to talk on camera about it."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

To be brutally honest, I don't care what Turkish fans think of us.
We will never be as low as those of you who killed two of our own.

Of course I don't condone malicious rumour-mongering, but don't come on here telling US how we should like to be remembered !
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

turks wrote:LUFC members from this forum have been spreading malicious lies on twitter claiming that 2 Chelsea supporters have been stabbed and murdered in Istanbul.
And this is completely false and fabricated.

We'll warn our members when we see fit and when there is reason to, we don't need any help thank you very much.

You are welcome to bring it to our attention as fellow Leeds United supporters that such a rumour has been circulated on social media but I don't appreciate you drawing your own conclusions that it was somebody from this site. Completely out of order and slanderous.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Thread closed.