QPR Pre-Game Pub

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
LeedsUnitedDownUnder
Giddy Kipper

QPR Pre-Game Pub

Post by LeedsUnitedDownUnder »

Hey All,

New member of the forum, first post, apologies if this is not the place for this thread!

Diehard LUFC fan visiting from Australia and FINALLY I am going to my first Leeds game at Loftus Rd this saturday.

My question is, where are all the Leeds fans getting on the Pisser before the game ? I would love to come join and meet some of the lads!

Cheers,

Dave
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: QPR Pre-Game Pisser

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum where in Oz are you from ? Last time I went to QPR I drank in the Springbok in South Africa Road which had both sets of fans inside but mainly Leeds. Here's what the away football fans guide says.
There are no pubs for away fans in the immediate vicinity around the stadium. Most away fans head over to nearby Shepherds Bush Green where O'Neills is popular with away supporters. To find O'Neills and Shepherds Bush Green; exit Shepherds Bush Market Underground Station (the Hammersmith & City line station), turn left out of the station and the green is a short way down the road on the right. On reaching 'The Green' pub (home fans only) turn right and ONeills is down the bottom on the right hand corner. Diagonally across Shepherds Bush Green opposite the Central line entrance to Shepherds Bush Underground Station, is a retail complex called Vue, which upstairs includes a Wetherspoons outlet. Otherwise alcohol is available in the away end.

On the eating front David Frodsham adds; 'On my travels to many football grounds, I have yet to find a wider selection of food available than on the Uxbridge Road. The cosmopolitan inner city nature means that you can almost eat your way around the world. From the normal range of cafes, burger bars, fried chicken outlets and chippies, there are Indian, Chinese, Thai & Jamaican outlets. There are Lebanese and Indian kebab shops, the latter selling "doner" kebabs made with Indian spices!

Inside the ground the food available includes; Hot Dogs (£3.50), Pukka Pies (Beef & Onion, Chicken Balti, all £2.90), Cheese & Onion Slice (£2.90) and Sausage Rolls (£2.90). Alcohol is available in the form of Carlsberg, Blackthorn Cider (both £3.80 a pint) & Tetleys (440ml Can £3.80) plus red or white wine (187ml Bottle £3.80).
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

That website tends to be the bible on these things. Most fans I know are heading for Shepherds Bush.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: QPR Pre-Game Pub

Post by Davycc »

Wey hey welcome mate, another antipodean member, here abouts mate and I'll get my pin ready. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LeedsUnitedDownUnder
Giddy Kipper

Post by LeedsUnitedDownUnder »

@ Nottingham Whites - Im from Canberra mate.

Alright so Shepherds Bush it is then. Cannot wait!

I think I better sleep outside the stadium so I don't miss the game, last time I was in the UK I had tickets to the Leeds Brighton game at ER, was staying in Oxford the night before, had a 6:30 am train which would have got me to Leeds comfortably.

Naturally I got on the piss hard, missed my train and missed the game :( Of course I had a flight to Dublin the next day so I missed my chance to go to a ripper of a game.

And in 2010 I was supposed to go to a Leeds Cardiff game at Elland Rd. I stopped over in Manchester with some mates on a Tuesday night under the impression the game was on the Wednesday night.Turns out I somehow was fed the wrong information and the game was on the Tuesday. Was shocked to find the game on at a pub; a game got pumped 4-0 in. So maybe it was good I didnt have to witness that.

EIther way 3rd time luckey ay! :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Added to the Map mate http://pininthemap.com/LUFCTALK
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Don't quote me on this but I have now been told that no alcohol will be on sale in the area of the ground until 11am and I have been led to believe that includes Shepherds Bush.
RamseyWhite

Post by RamseyWhite »

You are saying Shepherds Bush but there are loads of pubs down there.
As NW pointed out the away pubs appear to be O'Neill's & Shepherd Bush Green
Which one is everyone going to & will leedsUnited DownUnder be wearing a name tag otherwise how would we know him :problem:
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

RamseyWhite wrote:You are saying Shepherds Bush but there are loads of pubs down there.
As NW pointed out the away pubs appear to be O'Neill's & Shepherd Bush Green
Which one is everyone going to & will leedsUnited DownUnder be wearing a name tag otherwise how would we know him :problem:
I have no idea what is meant by it in terms of where the area is but a mate in the Surrey Whites told me they were not heading for the area of Shepherds bush or Shepherds Bush Green because of the eleven o clock "curfew". Hence I am going to meet some folk in central London for a few beers instead and then go direct to the ground from there.