McCormack nominated for Championship player of the year

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

McCormack nominated for Championship player of the year

Post by 1964white »

McCormack is nominated for the championship player of the year award. Hes up against Danny Ings and Danny Drinkwater.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/flawar ... 38_3711472
Deleted User 728

Re: McCormack nominated for Championship player of the year

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It really annoys me that the top scorers automatically get nominated for every award going ..

Who'd be a keeper or a defender, eh ?
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Would love for Ross to bag this months award but can see it going to Danny Ings he has been phenomenal this season.
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Deleted User 728

It's the ANNUAL award, mate - not the monthly.

No way Ross should be up for it - he's been anonymous too many times.

I would've said Kasper should be in with a shout, personally. Leicester are top with an awesome defensive record and he's been outstanding whenever I've seen them play.

Bet he's not even nominated ..
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

rigger wrote:It's the ANNUAL award, mate - not the monthly.
Whoops didn't clock that haha, yeah I agree that Ross has been anonymous too many times this year, I think the only reason he is up for it is because he is the Championship leading goalscorer and has done such a good job with not the best team around him :lol:
Guessing Kebe only just didn't make the shortlist then? ;)
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
Smudger179
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Smudger179 »

rigger wrote:It's the ANNUAL award, mate - not the monthly.

No way Ross should be up for it - he's been anonymous too many times.

I would've said Kasper should be in with a shout, personally. Leicester are top with an awesome defensive record and he's been outstanding whenever I've seen them play.

Bet he's not even nominated ..

So anonymous hes scored goals 24 goals (23 in the league) and is the championship top scorer and had 6 assists?!

I think has been awful this season and Ross is the shining light, without his goals/assists i think we would have been in a relegation battle, i cant see Smith or Poleon scoring that amount if they had been playing all season.

I do think Ross deserves it as to score that many goals in a season where the rest of the tem is rubbish is an achievment itself but im sure Danny Ings will get it as they will be promoted!Smudger179
Peter Risdsale's accountant

Private messageE-mail Smudger179
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Why would an LUFC fan be anything other than pleased to have one of our players in the final shakedown? I happen to think there's a better to play but Ross is an LUFC player which is surely good enough to hope he wins the darn thing. Would increase his resale value as well ;)

Interesting to see Ings v Ross tomorrow. Ross is due a good game (if he plays).
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 728

For me, him being a Leeds player is neither here nor there: it's an individual award.

This sort of thing happens in music in the Eurovision Song Contest when you see countries from a certain region voting for each other en masse regardless of how good the performance or how memorable the tune, which is partly whey they changed the format.

In football, it still happens with the Ballon D'Or in that although international managers and their captains can't nominate anyone from their own country (they're the only ones eligible to vote, by the way) they usually still follow allegiances either because of the club or the region they're from. Didier Drogba used to garner a number of votes from fellow Africans, while this year it was Yaya Touré who benefited.

It makes a mockery of the whole thing, but then bloody politics messes everything up, doesn't it ? :thumbdown:
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

He HAS been anonymous too many times this season, seems to me there is really nothing to argue over here.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

He has been top scorer in a poor side, playing with wingers who can't cross and midfielders who can't pass. Seems worth a punt to me.
I once played against Don Revie.