Nicola Cortese

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sotonian
Giddy Kipper

Nicola Cortese

Post by Sotonian »

Saints fan here.

Just seen this tweet;

Nabil Hassan ‏@NabilHassan79
Football League block Massimo Cellino's takeover. So what next for Leeds United? Heard rumours consortium led by Nicola Cortese were keen.

Nabil always got the news first when Cortese was at Southampton, no idea if they are friends, but Hassan, doesn't tweet rubbish.

Cortese would be brilliant for Leeds and it would be interesting to see what sort of money is behind him. He wouldn't do it if it was half baked, so if this does happen, expect to have some serious money behind you.

He is a strange man, extremely ruthless and will turn the club upside down and back to front, to get it how he wants it. He doesn't accept failure and I would put my house on it that he would get you back in the Prem if it comes off.

Anyway - Good luck, I hope it happens.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Nicola Cortese

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome Saints fan, was only talking about Southampton yesterday during the televised game about how as a club you have done since the League 1 days. Think your club are the benchmark that we should be looking at. Good investment and excellent youngsters coming out of your academy. Good luck for the rest of the season and thanks for the heads up on the gossip.
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Hi mate, thanks for sharing that with us.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

I have been saying all year long that the way Southampton are run, they are the ones we should try to take examples from. Excellent policy, young players, good managers, clever transfers. Excellent work done there.
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Sotonian wrote:Saints fan here.

Just seen this tweet;

Nabil Hassan ‏@NabilHassan79
Football League block Massimo Cellino's takeover. So what next for Leeds United? Heard rumours consortium led by Nicola Cortese were keen.

Nabil always got the news first when Cortese was at Southampton, no idea if they are friends, but Hassan, doesn't tweet rubbish.

Cortese would be brilliant for Leeds and it would be interesting to see what sort of money is behind him. He wouldn't do it if it was half baked, so if this does happen, expect to have some serious money behind you.

He is a strange man, extremely ruthless and will turn the club upside down and back to front, to get it how he wants it. He doesn't accept failure and I would put my house on it that he would get you back in the Prem if it comes off.

Anyway - Good luck, I hope it happens.
Do you think he will let BM keep Kebe? :shock:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Cheers for the heads up Sotonian - I'm in Southampton myself :D

That's cracking news if it goes ahead !
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

Hi saint mate,

Thks for telling us this news..

:thumbup:
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

NikosAGr1985 wrote:I have been saying all year long that the way Southampton are run, they are the ones we should try to take examples from. Excellent policy, young players, good managers, clever transfers. Excellent work done there.

...and they have played proper footsie going back to their years in the doldrums. My a Dad's a Saints fan.

Forgive my ignorance but who's Cortese?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Independent Republic wrote:
NikosAGr1985 wrote:I have been saying all year long that the way Southampton are run, they are the ones we should try to take examples from. Excellent policy, young players, good managers, clever transfers. Excellent work done there.

...and they have played proper footsie going back to their years in the doldrums. My a Dad's a Saints fan.

I think he's a man with a girls name. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Independent Republic wrote:

Ex-Southampton chairman, who resigned in January.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."