The Worst Traitor Player of LUFC

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: The Worst Traitor Player of LUFC

Post by Aces »

Spiderman wrote:
Year Zero ITK wrote:. Did McQueen (or Jordan) ever even play in the same team as Sprake?
72/73, there is a team photo on the internet with them all in it, I seem to recall McQueen punching Sprake in the face during one match.
I thought it was Big Jack who punched him?
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

Aces wrote:
I thought it was Big Jack who punched him?
The match that I recall McQueen & Jordan both ran at him but McQueen got there first, could be wrong, my memory has been known to play tricks :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Back in the 70's I was the junior chairman of Scarborough Leeds United Supporters Club annual dinner and McQueen and Jordan were invited over with some of the senior players I was given the task of looking after the pair of them as I was near their age. I remember McQueen as a gangly, shy young man and Jordan a bit more up front. They must have thought I was a proper p1ss head as I sat there getting drunk as they drank OJ's :D
Winner of the Europa League
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

David Harvey and McQueen had a fall out on the pitch, I actually do think McQueen never played in the same team as Sprake - happy to be put right of course. JJ might not have played in the same team as Sprake also, as Sprake had gone to Birmingham by 73?
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

It was McQueen & Harvey in a game against Man City.

Jordan,McQueen & Sprake played a few games in 72/73.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Spiderman wrote:It was McQueen & Harvey in a game against Man City.

What great players Big Gord and JJ were, they gave everything for the cause. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

Spiderman wrote:It was McQueen & Harvey in a game against Man City.

Trying to remember too now! I do think there was something in one of the biographies about McQueen possibly having a run-in with Sprake but it might just be me imagining it noq :oops: I've just looked on one of the player databases and it looks like Sprake made a very few appearances in the same season as McQueen's debut, literally maybe two or three games.