Poll on Cellino

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Do you want Cellino involved in our club?

Poll ended at 06 Apr 2014, 21:11

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 42

isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Poll on Cellino

Post by isrodger »

I am the first to admit from initially not wanting the mad man in charge - I have changed my mind. Mellor was the only one really backing him. We are all considered individuals/right thinking (ok i'm stretching it) on this forum - straw poll do you want him involved in our club - its a yes from me.

Sheepy / Bogdan - can you do the techy stuff?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Poll on Cellinio

Post by Aces »

I have always said ..... I ...... Would give him a chance.

I have always said, I don't think he is the right sort of guy to run our great club, but ...... There appears to be little alternative and that's why I will give him a fair chance.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

Nobody wants a dishonest person running their club but despite his trials & the rumours he appears to be more honest than most club owners, I would give him a chance.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

He wears his heart on his sleeve, can't fault that or his passion - clearly cares, perhaps too much though, letting his heart rule his head.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

I hope he gets the nod tomorrow , yes from me.

MOT
david6251
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by david6251 »

i really think he wants to own leeds and do great things...might be one hell of a roller coaster ride but looking forward to it....so yes from me
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

In beginning when i first heard about Cellino i was not very impressed and did not believe he would be good for our club but now the more and more i read/hear etc about him the happier i'm am for him to be in charge of our club :thumbup: gets my vote!

Could be an interesting ride aboard the Cellino express, may as well enjoy it.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I'd say yes only on the basis of there being no other alternative....

apparantly
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

I said from day one he would be better than those parasites .
Deleted User 2

Re: Poll on Cellino

Post by Deleted User 2 »

I hope his appeal fails tomorrow and he is then paid back and thanked for his contribution. He is a proven fraudster, liar, reckless offensive egotistical misguided man, and all that has been certified in the last two months alone, without even touching his past. As everyone's caveats show, he is only wanted because of the contrast to the owners he would succeed and sheer bank balance, in most other circumstances he would be highly undesirable. If we embrace him with open arms and fight the Football League's refusal with "other clubs have crooked owners too" then all the pontification about the corrupted nature of modern football becomes hypocritical, because we will have had the chance to make a stand against it and won't have. We now know for a fact that there are alternatives, and it's likely there always will be. We can do better, and we should want to do better.

P.S.: ISR: his name is Cellino. One i.