Poll on Cellino

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Do you want Cellino involved in our club?

Poll ended at 06 Apr 2014, 21:11

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 42

Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Poll on Cellino

Post by Sheepy »

I've said yes, I'm pretty much desperate for a change of fortune and some actual excitement. He is probably no worse than any of the crooks, liars and charlatans that have run the club since Lesley Silver.
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

I'll have say yes too not because i'm fond of him. I only like him for his passion on football..
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

Yes, and its only purely down to the fact that we are desperate for a new owner, having read Bogdan's comments I can see his sense and reasoning and I do agree with that. BUT things can not get much worse than our previous 2 owners and maybe we just need to dance with the devil to get our long waited rewards.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Difficult one this as I've not been a fan of his from day 1 personally I thought the way McDermott was sacked was disgraceful and not the type of thing a rational person would do. There on the other hand I want Haigh and his cronies out of my club and Cellino maybe the answer to this but again I am awaiting bad news today in as much as I believe the QC will agree with the Football League.

For the record I voted NO.
Winner of the Europa League
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

We don't know if there are alternatives. We know some people claim to be alternatives. This has happened many times. I hope there really are alternatives, other than admin or a consortia of consortia who squabble, copper up, fall out and disintegrate. We need clear leadership, whoever provides it.

Talking of dishonesty. Maria Miller could buy our club. Interesting! If you're looking for black and white don't look at football, or even the real world. It just doesn't exist.

Cellino, you're through to the live finals :D

It's probably an academic debate really. Chances are the judge will back the FL.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

I was very much against him involved in any way with LUFC. Especially after the disgrace and bad publicity he brought to our club with BM's sacking.
I know there is no black and white in football nowadays (or perhaps the last 30-40 years) but I don't trust him, I don't like him and I think he won't be good for the image of our club.

But I have voted yes. :wtf:

Let me explain:
1. I don't want to see us back in L1 or in admin again. Right now, I think those mega-crooks of GFH are the worst enemy of the club. I am also afraid of Bates' reappearance.
2. I want his money and after the reign of GFH, I want someone who understands football.

In a better world, I wouldn't want him near our club. I would rather LUFC belonged to its fans and people.
But this is another conversation. Now I think we need him INVOLVED.
That said, I don't want to give him complete control of our club. That's why I 'd like the TL consortium involved in too.

Is he the man to take LUFC back to where it was in the beggining of the century? No he isn't.
Is he someone we need involved in LUFC right now? Yes he is.
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

His determination to take over our Club has impressed me and not paying tax on a yacht doen't bother me one bit.

In my opinion until he proves different he is better than anyone we have had for a very long time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

I voted yes as well. Was a desperation "yes" vote - probably. Like so many posters have commented Cellino the man shouldnt be allowed anywhere near this club. But needs must Im afraid. If, and it is a big if, he takes control, surely he's got to be better than Bates/GFH..... hasnt he?
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

big jon wrote:If, and it is a big if, he takes control, surely he's got to be better than Bates/GFH..... hasnt he?
In theory yes. But then again, we said that exact thing when GFH took over from Bates...

So, :?:

MOT
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Vote cast :silent:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders