Poll on Cellino

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Do you want Cellino involved in our club?

Poll ended at 06 Apr 2014, 21:11

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 42

isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Poll on Cellino

Post by isrodger »

Bogdan /Den not for the first time my spelling lets me down TNX. Interesting how the feeling re Cellino changed has since his initial introduction to us. 80:20 for vs probably 80:20 against. I can only honestly remember Mellor supporting him. I hope he gets the club, he appears to have the doggedness of Bates, with Youth & Money on his side. I genuinely think he wants to build something - let the madness begin.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Davycc wrote:Vote cast :silent:
And ?????????? :think:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Back in Jan I was heavily in the "no" camp, because he seemed to be not really what we wanted. An owner who ran rough shod over everything, changing "coaches" (no manager) at least once a season on average, buying lots of foreign unknowns, yet he seems to have changed, says the fans are important (mind you don't they all!), but shows passion and that he cares about football.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

isrodger wrote: Interesting how the feeling re Cellino changed has since his initial introduction to us. 80:20 for vs probably 80:20 against. I can only honestly remember Mellor supporting him.
I was involved in several disputes when he came on the scene because I said we should give him a chance. The over reaction at the time was pretty ridiculous, loads of statements like 'worst day in our history' etc, yet like you say now many are leaning towards him! I like his apparent passion and raw honesty - imagine him as chairman and di canio as manager! That might give some of the players the fire they need and make them give their all in every game, not just raise it when we play the better sides.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

I said "no".
I don't want someone with a fraud history (wriggled out of on a technicality I understand from an Italian patient of mine) or with tax evasion offences pending, any where near this club. We've had enough irresponsible and reckless administration with Ridsdale's era, and lack of transparency with Bates.
I don't want someone who tried to turf the manager out of the dugout before he'd even bought the club, and certainly not someone who told said manager he was sacked when he had no authority to do so.

I want somebody with real substantiated financial backing, who understands football, who understands business and who is responsible, to run the club. Vaguely normal might be nice too. Not someone who has made serious waves around the place and destabilised it before actually having legitimate, sanctioned control and ownership.
david6251
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by david6251 »

im sorry but most not all peeps with money to burn have not got a chequered history..but i think we need CM with his passion and love of leeds he seemily likes bout us...give the guy a chance..ive not seen his desire or compassion bout our club in any other proposed owner...maybe wrong maybe right but i after 45years of supporting this great club would love to see him in this club..he cant be any worse than other past owners..so if your reading this cellino good luck and hope you can take this great supporting to its where it belongs......sorry for rant...good luck lads and mot for tomorow....
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Costy wrote:
isrodger wrote: Interesting how the feeling re Cellino changed has since his initial introduction to us. 80:20 for vs probably 80:20 against. I can only honestly remember Mellor supporting him.
I was involved in several disputes when he came on the scene because I said we should give him a chance. The over reaction at the time was pretty ridiculous, loads of statements like 'worst day in our history' etc, yet like you say now many are leaning towards him! I like his apparent passion and raw honesty - imagine him as chairman and di canio as manager! That might give some of the players the fire they need and make them give their all in every game, not just raise it when we play the better sides.
Stop that DI Canio stuff right now Costy ;)

I like yachts but I don't want one that's listing dangerously to starboard.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Mellor wrote:
Costy wrote:
Stop that DI Canio stuff right now Costy ;)

I like yachts but I don't want one that's listing dangerously to starboard.
I know what you're saying Mr M but we got a lot of interviews on local news with him down here when he was at Swindon. If you want passion and a rocket up the arses of the players (which, to be honest, I think we do) then he's your man. If you want a non-controversial character that will say the right things a la BMcD then look elsewhere. He did try to play down his Fascist leanings whilst at Swindon but .... And anyway, him and Cellino could well prove too combustible to get along.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

To be fair, isn't trying to avoid paying tax fairly standard for those with money? Isn't that the reason Luxembourg has more companies than people and the reason Leeds Utd was bought from a group based in the Canaries?
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

davidbattyspants wrote:To be fair, isn't trying to avoid paying tax fairly standard for those with money? Isn't that the reason Luxembourg has more companies than people and the reason Leeds Utd was bought from a group based in the Canaries?
This made me chuckle I think you meant the cayman islands - not a playa de las Americas based trust fund :D :D no offence pal.