Poll on Cellino

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Do you want Cellino involved in our club?

Poll ended at 06 Apr 2014, 21:11

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 42

Deleted User 1022

Re: Poll on Cellino

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

I have said no from the outset, i still say no, our club needs money i agree but to be bought at what expense to the integrity of the club, weve had far too much bad publicity now for over ten years going back to the Woodgate/Bowyer incident, since then we have been dragged through courts by Bates and other folks looking for money from the club pr its owners, weve had administration with deductions unseen prior to that for what? Then theres the constant bad publicity of how badly out team is on the pitch week in week out theres very little good printed about LUFC. The current owners took so long to take the club over and now we all know they hadnt two brass buttons to thier name in the first place, the only favor they did us to dat was get bates out and slightly engage the fans for a week, and finally they want to sell the club to an egocentric tosspot? I think its GFH who are driving this club further down in the mud more than bates has done
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I remember watching several films in my life where a character is in such a desperate situation, that he sells his soul to the Devil, to get him out of the hole he is in. I think our great club is in a huge hole and I'm starting to think like these characters in those films, that I would sell the clubs soul to the Devil, to get back where we were. I'm only using this as an example, I obviously wouldn't make any pact with Satan at all, but I for one am prity desperate for just about anyone with a lot of money, to come in and bankroll us back to the premiership. Are many of these mega rich guys, honest, decent, normal and not ruthless? Nagh ..... They don't get their money by being nice and luvvy duvvy. So do I think Cellino is right for our great club? Definitely not, but ...... I don't really care to be honest, as long as he gets us back up in the premiership and gives us a team of players, who have at least a bit of loyalty to the badge and club, who are willing to give 100% unlike these lot, apart from Ross. Just what can Cellino do to us that's so bad? Take us in to Administration? Get us relegated to the division below? We've had that already and we are still here and the likely outcome of a Cellino led takeover, is seeing us get back up to the premiership, seeing ER filled to the rafters, watching the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, drooling at quality players like, Suarez, Van Persie, Aguero, Ozil, Toure, Silva, Hazard, Rooney, Mata, etc, etc.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Appointing Cellino wouldn't be selling our soul to the devil. My soul is where it ought to be, and in very safe hands. Nor has the word 'passion' been devalued by the debate, age does however blunt the senses a bit I find. 'Pragmatism' is the issue for me, coupled with a bit of excitement.

Anyway, it's all likely to be academic but look beneath the surface of the various oligarchs, sheiks and moguls who own our clubs and I expect you'll find something a sight more unsavoury than friend Cellino. We all want a saint. Some of us just want to get on with the job in the interim.

Time for a pie. Needless to say its raining :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente