Ken Bates leaves Leeds - ding dong the witch is dead

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Morphoolu
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Re: Ken Bates leaves Leeds - ding dong the witch is dead

Post by Morphoolu »

Wilfred Martin wrote:In celebration of this weekend’s news, I’ve invented a new cocktail.
Called the Ken Bates, you keep trying to squeeze another last drop out of a glass which you’ve already emptied and it leaves a very bitter after-taste in the mouth. Despite containing no premier ingredients, it retails for a higher price than some cocktails that do.
It’s past its best before date and is only on sale to a few morons. :roll:
:D Genius :clap: Perhaps it's also been pissed in at the end as well?
Oh the hokey cokey, oh the hokey cokey, you put your left leg in...
Morphoolu
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Morphoolu »

Mmm - just listened to the radio interview - cheers to +15 as ever.

I wonder whether my "witch is dead" comment may prove to be a little premature. I think this particular individual will have a very long sting in a very long tail - we could end up being mired in legal nonsense that undermines the ability of our club to get on with the future more than ever... :sick:

You have to wonder whether GFH handled this very well but regardless of that, we are where we are... it's still better to support the players and the club and let the power mongers get on with their games and petty BS.
Oh the hokey cokey, oh the hokey cokey, you put your left leg in...
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

I found it interesting that the interview mentions four charges leveled against Bates as being the reasons behind the termination of his presidency, but when asked what the other three charges were, he is completely evasive. Wonder why?
We're on our way to....
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Wilfred Martin wrote:I found it interesting that the interview mentions four charges leveled against Bates as being the reasons behind the termination of his presidency, but when asked what the other three charges were, he is completely evasive. Wonder why?
In any other walk of life insulting your customers would get you sacked.....imagine going lidl and complaining about the prices,, but if you want m&s quality the checkout girl says then tells me I'm a moron....GFH can probably call on 30,000 witnesses to his unreasonable conduct
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

A week away from the start of the new season & we are involved in a possible legal battle that could drag on & be very expensive.
I am just wondering when it will all end & we can settle down & concentrate solely on our aims of promotion.

I have never been one to bear grudges or to wish anyone ill will but I will make an exception for Bates he is a very loathesome creature.
I know I have spoken in his defence on a few occasions but hey I used to have a good word for my Mother in law.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

But that's assuming he has the nerve and the arrogance to take the club to court. If he loses, and come on, he would lose, then he would have to pay it all out of his own pocket rather than use/abuse the club's finances. They've got him out and by legal means. I haven't listened to the interview so if anyone wants to say what any of the four charges are, please go ahead. Things that we KNOW he's guilty of are - insulting customers (as above), contravening Data Protection laws, libelling/slandering certain individuals, and claiming expenses such as the private jet... he ain't going to win any unfair dismissal case unless he has some dirty incriminating info on GFH.
Deleted User 130

And if anyone thought he would leave with good grace and humility, and not like a spitting cat who's just had the cream wrenched away from it, then I think it's time to wake up a bit. The man is an odious, deceitful, bitter and at times deluded twonk.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Yes deluded in thinking most fans like him and it was only a small minority.

The wrangle will backfire as when more details come out during the legal action, there will be a lot more people who'll realise he's a despicable man.

I think GFH have been wanting him out anyway and all this guiding tutorship and staying on as president will have been at his behest so he could keep claiming the expenses.
Deleted User 130

I just can't see it getting anywhere near court and BBC Look North has just suggested that same thing. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, I've no claims to make either way, but I just get a sense that he has finally cornered himself, and it's well known what rats do when cornered * :D

* They allegedly try to jump by whatever's cornering them, they DON'T go for the throat. Some might well have a pee in the corner but Bates has probably already done that. He's met his match and whilst GFH might have some bad points, I don't know, at least they have rid the club of the parasite Bates it seems.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Yep, GFH wouldn't have given the old leech the boot, unless they were certain that they could defend any potential legal action.