Batman vs. Superman

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Batman vs. Superman

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I thought this deserved a thread of its own ..

Is this the "best worst movie" of all time, as I read somewhere today ??
Quite possibly.

I didn't think much of it, and that's putting it mildly.
Anyone else seen it yet ??

I've written a spoiler-free review, which you can read here : http://paulridgeblog.com/2016/03/30/fil ... -superman/
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Batman vs. Superman

Post by johnh »

Don't understand this. Batman v Superman? My childhood memories are from a long time ago but I always thought that Superman had alien powers that were greater than anything he came up against, unless someone put some kryptonite in his pants. Whereas Batman was just a bloke who got dressed up. Mismatch, surely. Maybe I am just out of touch. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

John, it actually harks back to a graphic novel by Frank Miller (a Brit) entitled The Dark Knight returns, which was released 20-odd years ago.

In it, Bats has hung up his cape but is forced out of retirement in his fifties.
He teams up with a new Robin (this time, a girl) and ends up fighting Superman, albeit in a powered and armoured suit.

The movie isn't purely centred on this particular story, but a massive chunk of the plot is.

They never got along anyway - the lawful good nature of Superman always rubbed against Batman's Dirty Harry sense of pseudo-vigilantism, the former preferring a time-honoured "innocent till proven guilty" stance, the latter a "Once a perp, always a perp" attitude.

Dirty Harry was also the inspiration for Judge Dredd.
Clint Eastwood : comic-book hero :D
Devlin
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Devlin »

Not looking, but the reviews are not very good ...