The people are powerless, aren't they ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The people are powerless, aren't they ?

Post by Mellor »

3 family members on the march today, including my daughter. I chose Turf Moor :D

The biggest obstacle to change in the UK is the 4th estate. Despite the vice like grip exercised by the media you do however (thankfully) get a sense that opinion is shifting. Still, I read it in .... I saw it on remains a massive obstacle when the media really is a self serving, right wing, elite. Even the Guardian, since Russbridger moved on, has shifted in the wrong direction.

It's a shame about the BBC, definitely dumbing down/shifting to the right. Given the endless battering they take from the right it's hardly surprising I guess.

The finest piece of marketing though, without exception, is the Tory's who convince those they hurt the most that they are the best option. Turkey's, Christmas, orchestrated by Murdoch and others.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The people are powerless, aren't they ?

Post by Another Northern Soul »

' is the Tory's who convince those they hurt the most that they are the best option. Turkey's, Christmas, orchestrated by Murdoch and others.'

Yep, sadly it looks like much of that is true. And it's all very like the regime's 'policies' at our football club. (I considered putting a smiley there but I'm actually not joking.)

i cling on to the belief in this country that there are a few 'magnanimous' people still in politics who will make a positive difference but blimey they seem to be vastly out-numbered.

Talking of politics, did anyone see the Green Party's 'advertisement' the other night? Superb entertainment, I'm not sure if it has been on before but they've shown at least we have a great future ahead in acting! :D

Here it is, two pictures down - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04 ... of-genius/