Rovers - Away

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Rovers - Away

Post by Mellor »

Apparently we have been allocated the whole of The Darwen End which means the local season ticket holders have to move into adjacent stands. Very nice of them. 8,000 tickets should see everyone who wants one enjoying a cracking start to the New Year. Could be a relegation battle mindst ;)

(Ignore any reference to New Years Day, premature senility)
Last edited by Mellor on 31 Oct 2013, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: New Years Day - Rovers

Post by Sheepy »

We are at home on New Years Day, is this for the game in November?
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Mellor wrote:Apparently we have been allocated the whole of The Darwen End which means the local season ticket holders have to move into adjacent stands. Very nice of them. 8,000 tickets should see everyone who wants one enjoying a cracking start to the New Year. Could be a relegation battle mindst ;)
Is New Years Day on the 30th November 2013 then ;)

You obviously missed my text reply half an hour before you posted this mate

Tickets will probably go sale shortly
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Got 'em the wrong way round in my calendar - ah. Anyway the 8k bit is the important bit! Silly old fool :D
attacco decente
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Rovers - Away

Post by dlw10 »

Mellor wrote:Apparently we have been allocated the whole of The Darwen End which means the local season ticket holders have to move into adjacent stands. Very nice of them. 8,000 tickets should see everyone who wants one enjoying a cracking start to the New Year. Could be a relegation battle mindst ;)

(Ignore any reference to New Years Day, premature senility)
Blimey, we only took 3,542 last season.....and I didn't think it sold out but I could be wrong on that.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

It feels a bit like the -15 season to me dlw?

Undoubtedly Bates' departure freed some fans from self imposed exile but more importantly the mismatch between results and renewed optimism seems to be generating a backs to the wall mentality again. We may be poor on the pitch but we're the mighty Leeds United and we're gonna prove it by descending on your ground in numbers. Indirectly this also shows the world how much better things are now Bates has gone, this is singularly important to some.

We did take 9k to Wigan I recall after the drop - not the greatest day out I've ever had from memory - Rovers is easier though! A scenic run through the Pennines with no change required on the train so who knows. It would be great to fill The Darwen End. Only local rivals manage that normally.
attacco decente
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

I've never been to Blackburn , is the ground near the train station? , and any good watering holes nearby ?.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

A 10 minute walk from the station. Just follow the crowd.

The away pub used to be The Fernhurst right opposite the ground. Last year it was The Golden Cup, a few minutes further up the road. There's a Spoon's near the station and there's at least one youtube clip of Leeds fans taking it over last season.
attacco decente
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Cheers Mellor, will get myself a bit more organised when the tickets go on sale, it sounds like a " fill it if you can" move by Blackburn ,
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Mellor wrote:A 10 minute walk from the station. Just follow the crowd.

The away pub used to be The Fernhurst right opposite the ground. Last year it was The Golden Cup, a few minutes further up the road. There's a Spoon's near the station and there's at least one youtube clip of Leeds fans taking it over last season.
That's all spot on. This season my lad Mark has organised his rotas so that he will be doing Blackburn. I just can't see us selling 8,000 but as you say, there is a bit of a feel of "embattlement" about us at the moment so perhaps if we can get decent results between now and then....