VICTORIA WOOD RIP

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2747

Re: VICTORIA WOOD RIP

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Sniffer wrote:
Frankie wrote:Horrible, horrible news!

When I was 19 and at Manchester Polytechnic (many moons ago), I went to give blood at the blood bank service. I was sat on the sofa and 5 minutes later this lady sat next to me. It was Victoria Wood. I wanted to do the big fan thing and tell her how brilliant I thought she was, but being the shy type, I just sat next to her for about 15 minutes, thinking to myself, 'I'm sat next to Victoria Wood in Manchester, waiting to give blood...Victoria Wood.... flippin' eck!!! Trying desperately to think of something witty to say!

I think she actually spoke to me, saying something quite normal like - It's a bit of a wait isn't it!

RIP Victoria.
My better half "met" her in Dolcis shoe shop in Broadmead Shopping Centre in Bristol about 30 years ago. We'd seen her for the first time at the Hippodrome the day before. Alison's a big fan (even then - and has seen her several times since then) and she was torn between looking cool, respecting Victoria's privacy, and rushing up to her asking for an autograph. I think she just ended up standing there trembling. Bless her. :)
Sounds very familiar! - I remember that she had a very demure aura - no hint of 'do you know who I am' - just very human and normal.