Average away attendances

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Average away attendances

Post by NottinghamWhite »

At least we are top of something :D

Average away crowds in the Championship this season (source today's YEP)
Leeds (3,221)
Forest (2,441)
Leicester (2,166)
Wednesday (2,055)
Huddersfield (1,824)
Blackburn (1,684)
Watford (1,606)
Middlesbrough (1,447)
Brighton (1,399)
Derby (1,364)
Bolton (1,333)
Wigan (1,315)
QPR (1,312)
Birmingham (1,304)
Millwall (1,211)
Ipswich (1,163)
Donny (946)
Burnley (924)
Reading (859)
Blackpool (794)
Charlton (767)
Bournemouth (715)
Barnsley (699)
Yeovil (421)
Winner of the Europa League
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Average away attendances

Post by SMorientes »

Good on Wednesday and Huddersfield, not bad for struggling sides (although Huddersfield are doing ok right now)
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Think the biggest surprise for me was Reading given they are the perineal yo yo side. Mind think ours would be nearer the 4k mark if the allocations were bigger. Am going to try and find an equivalent from The Premiership, should make interesting reading.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I think if this list was calculated as a percentage of average home crowd. then Yoevil would be a lot higher up the league. When you consider how far they have to travel for ALL their away games, I think they do well. A lot of our away games don't involve arduous travel.
I once played against Don Revie.
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Think the biggest surprise for me was Reading given they are the perineal yo yo side. Mind think ours would be nearer the 4k mark if the allocations were bigger. Am going to try and find an equivalent from The Premiership, should make interesting reading.
Proper cracked me up that. May well have been an unintentional mis-spelling of perennial, but perineal is a near homophone and is the adjective form of perineum, i.e.: "the area in front of the anus extending to the scrotum in the male."
Reading are definitely a perineal yo-yo side. :clap: :lol:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

SMorientes wrote:
Proper cracked me up that. May well have been an unintentional mis-spelling of perennial, but perineal is a near homophone and is the adjective form of perineum, i.e.: "the area in front of the anus extending to the scrotum in the male."
Reading are definitely a perineal yo-yo side. :clap: :lol:
That's blooming iPads for you :D
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

johnh wrote: A lot of our away games don't involve arduous travel.
I think the bigger factor is we have fans pretty much everywhere in the country, and if we go to somewhere like Portsmouth many of the people in the away end won't have travelled far at all. Ironic, considering we persist on chanting "we support our local team" whenever we play Man U. :D
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

johnh wrote:I think if this list was calculated as a percentage of average home crowd. then Yoevil would be a lot higher up the league. When you consider how far they have to travel for ALL their away games, I think they do well. A lot of our away games don't involve arduous travel.

fair comment johnh but if you look at our average attendancies from back when we was in league 1 im sure i dont need to remind some of the people on here how long alot of the away trips were with most of the teams based downt he opposite side of the country to us, we were still taking down full attendancies to places like gillingham, colchester etc and places even further
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Bogdan wrote:
I think the bigger factor is we have fans pretty much everywhere in the country, and if we go to somewhere like Portsmouth many of the people in the away end won't have travelled far at all. Ironic, considering we persist on chanting "we support our local team" whenever we play Man U. :D

It's always been the same Mate, out of towners as we are lovingly called often out number the Loiners. Same at home when I had my season ticket the fans around me were from Leicester, London, Newcastle and Coventry.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bogdan wrote:
Ironic enough you mentioning Portsmouth, I use to know & see a Pompey bloke at all the away games when I lived in the South. Saw the tall fella at the Derby game for the first time in a while, he's only missed one game this season !