South Stand Give Us A Song

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

South Stand Give Us A Song

Post by NottinghamWhite »

A group of South Standers are galvanising like minded fans to come together in South Stand 5 to increase the noise and atmosphere inside Elland Road. The group have formed a new website at
http://www.southstandss5.co.uk/ to give information about the group and on ticket sales within the South Stand especially around and within SS.
A new twitter account has also been created @SouthStandSS5 to increase the social media presence of the new scheme.
The group of fans are like minded in their passion and singing intentions and will add a vocal presence in the South Stand. Tickets in SS5 have already began to increase and the group aim to meet up as a group before the games and will publish further details on the website.
The scheme is fully endorsed by LUST and the club have been informed of the groups intention and have been asked to ensure the match day Stewards are aware of the scheme and work with the fans to increase the match day experience for all concerned.
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: South Stand Give Us A Song

Post by dlw10 »

I was impressed with the efforts of the South Stand last Saturday - there was one rendition of MOT that was far better than the Kop managed!
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

dlw10 wrote:I was impressed with the efforts of the South Stand last Saturday - there was one rendition of MOT that was far better than the Kop managed!

I agree, to be honest im based in the kop and in the past few years the atmosphere had died out completely in comparison to how it used to be in recent years, i took the other half to watch a game and sat in the south last season and the atmosphere was decent to be fair!!
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I fear a drum or trumpet.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mellor wrote:I fear a drum or trumpet.
Al la Sheffield Wednesday :roll:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I'm sure I read somewhere, last week, that scum were also pushing a singing section. Others have also tried it I believe. The benevolent me wishes them all the very best, the cynical me feels a little sad that there's a requirement.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mellor wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere, last week, that scum were also pushing a singing section. Others have also tried it I believe. The benevolent me wishes them all the very best, the cynical me feels a little sad that there's a requirement.
Will they have to do an audition say along the lines of the X Factor to qualify as a "singer" ;) Sums up modern day football when 75000 fans can't generate an atmosphere. Old Trafford = Cape Canaveral .....
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Mellor wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere, last week, that scum were also pushing a singing section. Others have also tried it I believe. The benevolent me wishes them all the very best, the cynical me feels a little sad that there's a requirement.
My feelings exactly. I also don't really see the point of it purely through the fact that, like others have said, the South Stand is already quite impressively vocal. If people want to sing along, surely they'll already recognise this and congregate there.

I think Man U have already put it in practice for their last CL game at home, I remember a lot of praise on the 5 Live commentary. I could sort of understand it for a club with a template new ground, where there's no immediate recognisable areas of the ground, but it's a bit shambolic if they feel they need to do that at Old Trafford.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Bizarre, as previous said, its not like the South Stand is quiet, it seems to have a decent atmosphere to me.
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

great idea- I'm impressed :clap:
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015