South Stand Give Us A Song

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: South Stand Give Us A Song

Post by Lee »

I think the fact that there is a need of a "singing section" it is not indicitive of how we are losing our atmosphere. More that with smaller crowds and all seater stadiums it's more difficult to get like minded people all in the same place. In the good old days if you fancied a sing song you headed to the back of the kop or the end pen in the lowfields and were guaranteed a good atmosphere. If some folk want to try and organise something, well good on em.

Beats fans falling out with each other because some want to sit and watch the match whilst others want to sing to their hearts content.
Last edited by Lee on 08 Nov 2013, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Lee wrote: or the end pen in the lowfields and were guaranteed a good atmosphere.
That end pen was my heaven when I was a kid.

I remember standing there, when the "lets go blah blah mental" song rang out, and it really did go mental in those days. Fantastic days. :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Lee wrote: or the end pen in the lowfields and were guaranteed a good atmosphere.
That end pen was my heaven when I was a kid.

I remember standing there, when the "lets go blah blah mental" song rang out, and it really did go mental in those days. Fantastic days. :D
Left side of t'Gelderd was t'place to be for me! :thumbup:
Fanbloodytastic it were!
RamseyWhite

Post by RamseyWhite »

The most time I spent in the South Stand was in the Wilko promotion year & yes it was really vocal then.
These days the South Standers usually outsing the away fans & I guess if more were present then it would probably outsing the Kop at most matches.
Hope the venture goes well
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

As a South Stand lower season ticket holder it has been a good atmosphere at most of the games with plenty singing.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

When I first started going to the Elland Road i was in the kop but once the 89/90 season came around then the South Stand was my home. When i came back last year for the Burnley and Brighton games i put myself in the South Stand for old memory sake. The Brighton game was rocking even though we ended up losing that game. Good memories hopefully in 2016 i will be back for a game or 2.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Maplewhite
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Maplewhite »

A cracking bonus to a sing song would be a standing section - I'd gladly pay a bit more to watch a game in that type of setting.
The generation that doesn't study history has no past nor a future
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Maplewhite wrote:A cracking bonus to a sing song would be a standing section - I'd gladly pay a bit more to watch a game in that type of setting.
Can think of only one game when the stewards made us sit down the whole game so far this season.

All the other games we have stood up.

As someone who has spent over 40 years standing on terracing am not keen on sitting at games.