Pontus Jansson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by Mickeyzee »

dlw10 wrote:Oh Pontus Jansson's magic,
He wears a magic hat,
And if you throw a brick at him
He heads the f****r back....
He heads them to the left
He heads them to the right
And if we win promotion...
We'll sing this song all night!

Been stuck in my head all day......
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Second verse of Pontus song....He plays with Kyle Bartley who stands at 6 foot 4.... And when they play together your never going to score. Lennon & McCartney eat your heart out!
Wheressniffer
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Wheressniffer »

phil62 wrote:We should sign his mate Biggus Dickus. Frow him to the fwloor please Centurion.
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Translated from Swedish.

Translated from Swedish...

Most indications are that Pontus Jansson sitting on the bench when the Swedish World Championship hunt goes ahead with meetings against Luxembourg and Bulgaria. But the question is if he is not the happiest in the national team anyway? Life is for the 25-year-old. Jansson has taken all Leeds by surprise and is already - after only a month and a half in the club - the fans perhaps the biggest favorite. - It's fun, of course. To come to a new club and get the start. We have won five of six games I've played. But the important thing is that things go well for the team, then it's just a bonus that it goes well for me personally, said the center-back. READ ALSO Larsson injured - he was called into the blue and yellow Got his own chant He is so appreciated that he already got his own chant of fans. The new song: "Pontus Jansson's magic, he wears a magic hat. And if you throw a brick at him, he'll head That ****** back ". - Haha, I heard it. And then I have only been here a month. It is of course great fun. In the weekend's league match against Barnsley he responded to a number that got the fans to cheer even more. First, he went in and stole the ball with a brusque gildtackling - only to immediately after tricking up an opponent in the stands with a fine-Cruijff. - Well I have the style of play that attracts the audience. I want very much and plays with his heart, he says. Now he competes for a place in the starting eleven Janne Andersson. - I am one of four central defenders. Then we'll see. I have done well in the club and what I understand is Janne impressed me. READ ALSO National team star praises - and warn - AIK's super promise "Was that it became ..." Pontus Jansson's life right now is like night and day compared to last spring. In late May, were sacked Giampiero Ventura of Torino and Sinisa Mihajlovic replaced. The Swede was sitting in the freezer. - Ventura had been left I had probably also been retained. It eventually became a sad farewell. - Yes, we changed coaches, we changed the game system and my contract situation was wrong. It dragged on, then they withdrew their offer. I was pissed and asked all to go to hell and then ... well, it was as it was. Two days later I was in Leeds. - But I still had two fantastic years in Italy. I grew tremendously as both a player and person. And I still have contact with many people from there, just not with the coach ... Right now, he is still on loan to Leeds. - But hopefully I am a Leeds player real soon. And it's fun because I get on very well. I get to play many matches and it is good for me and for the team. Life is good, says Pontus Jansson.
Winner of the Europa League
Mickeyzee
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Mickeyzee »

I'd sell my own soul to sign him on a 4 year deal!
It's only a game love?! Shut up you daft woman....
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Totally agree needs to be signed on long term before other clubs come sniffing. One word of caution, at least 4 of his fantastic tackles this season could have seen red. Love his style but in this day and age, players will cotton on to it and get him sent off.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mickeyzee wrote:
He wears a magic hat,

There's a clip on YouTube of someone singing this with a little guitar thing, absolutely brilliant.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Mickeyzee wrote:
He wears a magic hat,

There's a clip on YouTube of someone singing this with a little guitar thing, absolutely brilliant.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cheers Pock, I've even got the dog singing it now.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Mickeyzee wrote:
He wears a magic hat,

Yes BB he goes under the name Rab Rant & posts on a forum I'm heavily involved with