Time for Cellino to get his finger (& wallet) out

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Time for Cellino to get his finger (& wallet) out

Post by Deleted User 728 »

USA for Leeds wrote:I expect Cellino to sign him immediately after he passes that milestone.
I expect him to do no such thing :eh:

He is his own man, plays by his own rules, and if there's a potential takeover why would he spend any money if he's selling up ?
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

And why would he be selling up if 120 mil quid is up for grabs? :)
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

USA for Leeds wrote:As I understand it, we cannot sign Jansson permanently until he has played 20 games for us. I expect Cellino to sign him immediately after he passes that milestone.
Fully agree with this :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Tourist wrote:And why would he be selling up if 120 mil quid is up for grabs? :)
See my previous answer :crazy:

Remember, he's a very singular beast, our chairman.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

rigger wrote:
Tourist wrote:And why would he be selling up if 120 mil quid is up for grabs? :)
See my previous answer :crazy:

Remember, he's a very singular beast, our chairman.
'Tis a fair point, rigger. My expectation is based on the fact that he has shown a willingness to pay for quality
players in the past. But you are wise to be wary. Me? I just can't help being optimistic, even though I should be wary too.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

We can automatically buy Pontus once he hits 20 games, I believe the fee is just over 3 million pounds.
Deleted User 728

It is a no brainer, even if we sell him for twice that in the summer.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

I'm still not quite clear on the Pontus deal - is it a "play 20 games and you HAVE to sign him" deal, or a "play 20 games and you can CHOOSE to sign him, and we can't stop you" deal?

Either way, there'd be uproar if we missed out on him, and I genuinely think the lad is really enjoying being a cult hero.

I think Si's right - the buy-out clause on Sacko is irrelevent (it's an obligation under footballing contractual law in much of southern Europe to include one), and we have a price agreed should we choose to take it up. I know he's lacking in end product and his decision-making lets him down, but so did Gradel's early on, and his raw pace and power and intimidating to the opposition. I've spoken to 2 or 3 opposition fans after matches (Bristol City and Wednesday in particular) who've identified him as the Leeds player they'd most like to pinch.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Leonickroberts wrote:I'm still not quite clear on the Pontus deal - is it a "play 20 games and you HAVE to sign him" deal, or a "play 20 games and you can CHOOSE to sign him, and we can't stop you" deal?

Either way, there'd be uproar if we missed out on him, and I genuinely think the lad is really enjoying being a cult hero.

I think Si's right - the buy-out clause on Sacko is irrelevent (it's an obligation under footballing contractual law in much of southern Europe to include one), and we have a price agreed should we choose to take it up. I know he's lacking in end product and his decision-making lets him down, but so did Gradel's early on, and his raw pace and power and intimidating to the opposition. I've spoken to 2 or 3 opposition fans after matches (Bristol City and Wednesday in particular) who've identified him as the Leeds player they'd most like to pinch.
I think it'll be the latter : "choose", not have to .. who would agree to that ? :wtf:

As for Sacko, I've heard the exact same thing from two oppo fans as well.
Taffyohca

Post by Taffyohca »

Paint some broad black stripes on you home shirts
Then you can sell out :sick: :sick: