Abundance of youth

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
cadillacjukebox
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Abundance of youth

Post by cadillacjukebox »

David Batty is my height (and age). At 5'7" and weighing less than 10 stone, Wilko put him on a high protein and weight training diet.

I think it's fair to say it worked.

If you can play you will learn to protect yourself, and age puts weight on you (just saying)!

Spain are tiny and lightweight and look how rubbish they are.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

There is a fine line between building muscle and retaining your current ability to be quick and agile. I'm sure the people at Leeds have specific diets for the youngsters to maximise their physical potential. Or I hope they do !

A lot of core work would also help the lad increase strength for holding off a challenge without bulking him up.

I remember watching Milner coming into the team at Leeds and he is now a heck of a lot stronger than back then.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Gilford_NI_Whites wrote:There is a fine line between building muscle and retaining your current ability to be quick and agile. I'm sure the people at Leeds have specific diets for the youngsters to maximise their physical potential. Or I hope they do !

A lot of core work would also help the lad increase strength for holding off a challenge without bulking him up.

I remember watching Milner coming into the team at Leeds and he is now a heck of a lot stronger than back then.
Milner is pretty stocky, to be fair.

Trying to bulk him up could also lead to him becoming injury prone; for instance, AC Milan fans believe Pato became injury prone because of Milan's attempts to bulk him up.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

There are so many promising youngsters, perhaps more than in many years, so the next 3-4 years looks quite interesting. I just hope we can keep them, and even give them fair chances in the squad. It's better giving a chance to a youngster than loaning players that can't lift the squad enough anyway... That's my opinion. :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

alwaysleeds wrote:There are so many promising youngsters, perhaps more than in many years, so the next 3-4 years looks quite interesting. I just hope we can keep them, and even give them fair chances in the squad. It's better giving a chance to a youngster than loaning players that can't lift the squad enough anyway... That's my opinion. :)

Welcome to the forum Mate ;)
Winner of the Europa League
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

Thnaks! :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

alwaysleeds wrote:Thanks! :)
Where are you from as Davy will want to add you to the fans map ;)
Winner of the Europa League
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

I live in Sweden, and have been a supporter to Leeds since 1970-71... :)
alwaysleeds

Post by alwaysleeds »

I found this forum only yesterday, and I liked the more serious tone. I'm not that fund of the usual dirty level you find on other forums.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
alwaysleeds wrote:Thanks! :)
Where are you from as Davy will want to add you to the fans map ;)
Nearly missed you alwaysleeds only for Phil, NW keeping me right. Welcome to the forum we're not a bad bunch.

I've added you to the pin map (Stockholm) I'll PM you the password so as you can place it closer to home.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders