More Questions - Have a go,

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

More Questions - Have a go,

Post by Selby White »

1. If we could have a ex striker back in his prime (to cover Chris Wood) who would you prefer ? Yeboah, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Chapman or Cantona.

2. You have to spend a week in a hospital bed, only entertainment is a TV and DVD player. You can have and one actor/actress complete film collection. Who would you choose ?

3. Where, how, when did you meet your partner ?

4. If you could get tickets for any major sporting event in the UK what would it be ?

5. Staying at a top hotel and you can have anything up to six items on your breakfast plate, what 6 do you go for ?

6. Which sport have you played to the highest standard ?

7. Name the last 5 albums you've listened to ?

8. Who is your all time Sporting hero ?

9. What was your favorite decade ?

10. Other than Leeds what other football teams do you like ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Re: More Questions - Have a go,

Post by Deleted User 728 »

1. ex striker ? Yeboah, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Chapman or Cantona.
If it's limited to those five mentioned, Viduka. If not, John Charles.

2. one actor/actress complete film collection ?
Great question : Humphrey Bogart because I'm kinda doing it now anyway.

I'm single. The last woman I dated I met dancing to old soul in a cellar bar ..

4. If you could get tickets for any major sporting event in the UK what would it be ?
This season's Championship Play-Off Final at Wembley.

5. Staying at a top hotel and you can have anything up to six items on your breakfast plate, what 6 do you go for ?
Salmon and poached eggs on a split bagel, an apple and two cups of strong black coffee.

Football, to local Sunday league Div 3 or 4 - can't remember. Pretty ropey anyway.
My grandfather played crown green bowls for England and my dad took a frame off Joe Davis at snooker in the 60s when he was world champion.
(Joe, not my dad)

ECHASKECH - Origin
COURTNEY MARIE ANDREWS - Honest Life
CASE, LANG, VEIRS - Case, Lang, Veirs
LAURA VEIRS - Year Of Meteors
DUKE ELLINGTON - Far East Suite

Maradona.

1950s. I would've loved to have been a teenager just as things started getting interesting in about '54 ..

I keep an eye on foreign teams I've seen play, in particular LOSC (Lille), Orlando Pirates (South Africa), Hamburg, AC Milan and Sporting Lisbon. In the UK I always look out for the results of friends' clubs but other than Leeds I have a soft spot for Everton as I've been there the most after Elland Road and Southampton (who I don't like mainly to wind up everyone I know).
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

1. If we could have a ex striker back in his prime (to cover Chris Wood) who would you prefer ? Yeboah, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Chapman or Cantona.

Viduka

2. You have to spend a week in a hospital bed, only entertainment is a TV and DVD player. You can have and one actor/actress complete film collection. Who would you choose ?

James Stewart

In the pub, but knew her from school

Excluding football, darts world championship.

Egg, bacon, sausage, beans, fried bread and toast

Darts. I play for my local superleague team.

Rush - 2112
Jefferson Airplane - Best of...
David Bowie - Best of...
Lou Reed - Retro
Buzzcocks - A Different Kind Of Tension

Either Carl Lewis or Sir Steve Redgrave

The 60s

Wigan Athletic
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Chapman - Arguably the most similar to Wood, so would fit into our 4-2-3-1 system easier

Anything with Roxanne Pallett in it.

Work, apparently I used to talk about her constantly when me and the lads went to the pub every Friday lunchtime. A friend got that frustrated with it he told her, and she gave him her number for me as she felt the same. It's the 14th anniversary of our first date this coming Monday.

Good question, probably a major boxing event.

Bacon, Sausage, Egg, Beans, Grilled Tomatoes and Fried Bread (made me very hungry putting that in).

Football.

Jake Bugg, Coldplay, Stone Roses, Madness and The Jam

Daley Thompson

Late 80's. Had just started going out with the lads on nights out - crazy times thinking back now.

Have a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool, but don't really 'like' any others.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

1. Viduka, had the best all round game.

2.Al Pacino, Carlito`s Way is my fav film.

3. Local youth club.

4. England v NZ at Twickenham.

5. 2 sausages, egg on toast, tomatoes and mushrooms.

6. Football.

7. Ron Sexsmith (Carousel One), Springsteen (Chapter & Verse), The National ( Trouble Will Find), Catfish & the Bottlemen ( The Ride), ( The Balcony).

8. Billy Bremner. I so wanted to be like him.

9. The Seventies. My youth years and that sense of freedom.

10. Pompey, My Nan took me and my bro for our first live game, plus I spent a lot of time at the club when my lad was at the centre of excellence 20
odd years ago.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Anything with Roxanne Pallett in it..
Couldn't disagree with that one BB. :oops: :clap:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

1. If we could have a ex striker back in his prime (to cover Chris Wood) who would you prefer? Yeboah, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Chapman or Cantona.

Viduka! But if I could pick another player then Allan Clarke would be my choice.

2. You have to spend a week in a hospital bed, only entertainment is a TV and DVD player. You can have and one actor/actress complete film collection. Who would you choose?

Roger Moore

3. Where, how, when did you meet your partner?

Played soccer with one of her brothers, we had 2 chances to get together earlier but it was not the right time or place, 3rd time lucky it was.

4. If you could get tickets for any major sporting event in the UK what would it be?

Darts World Championship, it used to be the FA Cup Final but Leeds never made it whilst I was old enough to go or understand it. The only real sporting events I want to go to at this moment is the Aussie Rules Grand Final at the MCG or an Ashes Test at the MCG.

5. Staying at a top hotel and you can have anything up to six items on your breakfast plate, what 6 do you go for?

Bacon (well-cooked), Croissants, Melon, Grapefruit, Pineapple & Cheese, all washed down with an Earl Grey Tea.

6. Which sport have you played to the highest standard?

Football All age A-F Grade(s)
Darts A-Grade Newcastle district
Cricket – Craven League under 19’s (I think it was)
Drinking – A Grade!

7. Name the last 5 albums you've listened to?

Simple Minds – Big Music
Kaiser Chiefs – souvenir
David Bowie – Blackstar
New Model Army – Thunder & Consolation
Joy Division - Closer

8. Who is your all time Sporting hero?

A few here to be honest – (can’t just pick one)
Football – Johan Cruyff, Tony Currie, Johan Neeskens, Johnny Rep
Cricket – Ian Botham, David Gower
Darts – Phil Taylor

9. What was your favourite decade?

Don’t have one, all have had good and bad in them.

10. Other than Leeds what other football teams do you like?

Newcastle Jets here in Australia, Halifax Town in England I have a soft spot for. Others I keep a look out for are Kaiserslautern (Germany), Sochaux (France), Sassulo (Italy), Netherlands national team, Australian national team.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Selby White wrote:1. If we could have a ex striker back in his prime (to cover Chris Wood) who would you prefer ? Yeboah, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Chapman or Cantona.

Gonna have to join the Viduka club

Would Michael Palin count? Bit more mainstream Donald Sutherland

Going to plead the fifth amendment here :lol: Check in tomorrow for an update :D

Away from football at Elland Road, I'd quite like to be involved with the Calcutta Cup, preferably in Edinburgh

The crispiest tastiest bacon possible, top quality eggs done any way, Cumberland sausages, black pudding, portabello mushrooms, griddled tomatoes

Mapperley White was not designed to play sport. Too slow, too tall, not strong enough. I plugged away at football for many years, but the only sport I have a trophy for is Derbyshire amateur league cricket (second division)

Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos
Toto - Toto XIV
Doobie Brothers - Southbound
America - Lost and Found
Earl Klugh - Finger Paintings

Fred Trueman - saw him take his 300th test wicket at the Oval with my father who would have been mortified if he'd known Fred was Jewish

1970's - went to Uni - 'a fountain of knowledge where students learn to drink' - and spent the magnificently sunny summer of 1976 in the Netherlands

Hull City (parents), Brentford (grew up there), Notts County (mates locally), Spurs (great to watch), Holland (always entertaining), Germany (how a national football team should work), Club Nacional de Medellin (wife)
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Selby White wrote:1. If we could have a ex striker back in his prime (to cover Chris Wood) who would you prefer ? Yeboah, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Chapman or Cantona.

Viduka

Family Guy, or if that's not allowed Michael Caine for the amount of films he's done

Pub in Wyke

British Grand Prix

Scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, black pudding, beans and lots of mushrooms

Football, still not that high tho

Sara Bareilles - The Blessed Unrest
Queen - A Day at the Races
Beatles - Blue Album
Best of the 70's various artists album
Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits

Eddie Gray

9. What was your favourite decade ?

early 70's when I got interested in football

Halifax Town and Barrow
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

1. If we could have a ex striker back in his prime (to cover Chris Wood) who would you prefer ? Yeboah, Viduka, Hasselbaink, Chapman or Cantina

Viduka but would prefer Sniffer

Tom Hanks

Fowey in Cornwall whilst I was running a hotel

Deciding day of The Ashes

bacon, fried egg, baked beans, orange juice & coffee

dominoes & pool but I find pool difficult now as I wear glasses a la Dennis Taylor

Sorry haven't a musical bone in my body

Tough one this Ali, Sobers, Botham, Daley Thompson but it's got to be Billy I wept the day he passed on

1970's I was young & earned good money to enjoy it

Torquay United as I lived there for 14 years
Winner of the Europa League