Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
The Young Bremner
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Travel

Post by The Young Bremner »

CorkWhite wrote:
The Young Bremner wrote:Am I correct by saying a member on here immigrated to the Philippines? I'm working there for six month placement and struggling to find British friends never mind any Leeds fans! If so where abouts in PH are you based?
Hi TYB.

I moved to the Philippines two and a half years ago to Cebu to my wife but have moved to a different place now which is called General Santos City, right down the south. Its way cheaper than Cebu and far more hotter. Average temperature is about 32-35 degrees daily even when it rains. There are not so many foreigners living in this City but i do have another LUFC guy from Derby who i bump into from time to time in the shopping mall called POPS maybe NW might know him.

Let me know where you are and we might try and meet up sometime if its not too far away.

Regards CW.
I'm living in Makati near Greenbelt Mall. I've never been to General Santos but travelled south to Zamboanga City, great place especially the pink sand beaches. You should stay living in General Santos the traffic and pollution here in Makati and Manilla is unreal :crazy:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:CorkWhite, really glad to hear that you are doing well. Also, pleased to hear your leg is a lot better. I can give you some tips on limping if you need help. :D My daughter is now back in London after 3 years in Hong Kong and 4 years in Singapore. She does have to go up to Edinburgh quite often though! Was going to make a start on a book, well, initially, just a collection of memories but my printer went kaput so that gave me an excuse not to start. Am going to try and get it sorted this summer. You look after yourself.
Congratulations on your latest addition, 8 months! Make the most of it, they grow up before you know it. My four are: 56,53, 47,46. The youngest are still my little girls though!
John, stop the printer excuses, get it sorted we're all waiting.It'll be a great read. CW hope you're able to get about enough to enjoy a wonderful country
Exactly, Davy. You don't need a printer to write a book, John, you can save it on to your computer. Get writing. If you need a new printer, because you want to have a hard copy to review for instance, we can get you one. You can also save any writing on other devices - sticks and separate hard drives etc. - ask Rigger. Just write. You've got a great way with words and you've got an audience waiting for you. :)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

John, I'll be happy to help with any of it : the actual writing, the structure, the tech stuff ..

You know I write for a free-paper down here, don't you ? :)

I'd start with a big blank sheet of paper and just jot down anything and everything you want to ensure is included - all your choicest nuggets - and then put it somewhere handy so you can keep adding to it.
Then think about the timeline, what you were doing and where you were at different ages and stages of your life, to start building the structure.

You can then think about the way you want to write it all.
You may wish to break it up rather than doing a straight chronological timeline.
You could make every other chapter a look at a particular person : John Charles, Don Revie, the original coach of the Leeds Youth team you played for, Hitler, Genghis Khan, Moses, Adam .. you know, people from your history ;)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Really appreciate your help and support guys. I will follow Rigger's advice and jot down ideas. My initial view is to do it in chronological order but this may change as things progress. My older brother (by 13 months) has also had several books published so I am lucky to have much expert advice available. Will get stuck into it over the summer. I am fortunate in that I can 'touch type', and quite fast, so getting stuff down is a lot easier than pen and paper.

PS Never liked that Genghis Kahn, he was a hooligan.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

The Young Bremner wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
The Young Bremner wrote:Am I correct by saying a member on here immigrated to the Philippines? I'm working there for six month placement and struggling to find British friends never mind any Leeds fans! If so where abouts in PH are you based?
Hi TYB.

I moved to the Philippines two and a half years ago to Cebu to my wife but have moved to a different place now which is called General Santos City, right down the south. Its way cheaper than Cebu and far more hotter. Average temperature is about 32-35 degrees daily even when it rains. There are not so many foreigners living in this City but i do have another LUFC guy from Derby who i bump into from time to time in the shopping mall called POPS maybe NW might know him.

Let me know where you are and we might try and meet up sometime if its not too far away.

Regards CW.
I'm living in Makati near Greenbelt Mall. I've never been to General Santos but travelled south to Zamboanga City, great place especially the pink sand beaches. You should stay living in General Santos the traffic and pollution here in Makati and Manilla is unreal :crazy:
Honestly Mate I think the healthcare set up in Makati is a lot better than what i or my family have in Gensan City. The air pollution isn't bad here yes and its quiet compared to the bustling Metropolis of Manila and the many other cities in the Metro Manila area. You even have trains there which we don't even have here haha.
Deleted User 1022

johnh wrote:Really appreciate your help and support guys. I will follow Rigger's advice and jot down ideas. My initial view is to do it in chronological order but this may change as things progress. My older brother (by 13 months) has also had several books published so I am lucky to have much expert advice available. Will get stuck into it over the summer. I am fortunate in that I can 'touch type', and quite fast, so getting stuff down is a lot easier than pen and paper.

PS Never liked that Genghis Kahn, he was a hooligan.
That's Great to hear John.

You are a link to the past in traditional football my friend and i always like to hear your experiences. You were around when football was a real mans game where fans could go to a match and expect to see the physicality that footballing fans rarely see today without some over the top rolling around as if he'd been smacked with a lump hammer and squashed by a JCB.

Looking forward to it John and yes the summer is probably a great time to start it.
Deleted User 1022

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:CorkWhite, really glad to hear that you are doing well. Also, pleased to hear your leg is a lot better. I can give you some tips on limping if you need help. :D My daughter is now back in London after 3 years in Hong Kong and 4 years in Singapore. She does have to go up to Edinburgh quite often though! Was going to make a start on a book, well, initially, just a collection of memories but my printer went kaput so that gave me an excuse not to start. Am going to try and get it sorted this summer. You look after yourself.
Congratulations on your latest addition, 8 months! Make the most of it, they grow up before you know it. My four are: 56,53, 47,46. The youngest are still my little girls though!
John, stop the printer excuses, get it sorted we're all waiting.It'll be a great read. CW hope you're able to get about enough to enjoy a wonderful country
I can walk as much as before Davvy, Its just not as strong as it was for running especially in the heat we get here. The Country is great with the exception of a few things that i miss from home like fast internet speeds and healthcare being 1960's approach etc but overall this is my home now and i love the food and the beautiful scenery in some of the many amazing places here. For you single guys..... you would be like a child in a sweet shop with all the pretty women here. I mean it they are awesome to look at. :D
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Flying out to Malta later today. It seems strange to say it, but it will be cooler when I step out of the plane in Malta than it is forecast here today. :shifty:

I will be flying the flag and watching the Match from the hotels sports bar on Friday with my sister who also follows the club. I'm sure they will be a few friendly Geordies flying the flag for the magpies. May the best team win.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Flying out to Malta later today. It seems strange to say it, but it will be cooler when I step out of the plane in Malta than it is forecast here today. :shifty:

I will be flying the flag and watching the Match from the hotels sports bar on Friday with my sister who also follows the club. I'm sure they will be a few friendly Geordies flying the flag for the magpies. May the best team win.
Have a good one VHTM, last time i was in Malta (actually the only time) was to see the mighty whites play Valetta City in the first round of the eufa (or Fairs)cup in about 1979ish. Was our first competitive European outing since the Paris Ban.

On another note we may have crossed paths if you are flying out of Leeds, just arrived back from a fantastic week in Dubrovnik couple of hours ago.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Hola peeps from Costa Tequise Lanzarote. 8-)