Getting a play-off place

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 1022

Re: Getting a play-off place

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:No matter what happens this season I personally will finish on a high. Thanks Garry for giving me belief again.
My Sentiments exactly.

Its been a huge improvement on what we became accustomed to under previous managements and owners. GM and his coaching staff have been a huge success in achieving what they have to give us the fans some belief in what can be done. By February every year before this season we were already out of the playoffs, This year we still have a huge chance. Some fan are panicking because we dropped out but i think its a wake up call for the team and GM.

I believe we can still make the playoffs and to be honest i think overall this team deserves that at a minimum for all their efforts this year. If we don't get to the Premiership I seriously wouldn't mind because next year we will almost certainly be up there again and more improved as a team. I do believe we will make the playoffs though.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

I’d still rather be in our situation than Fulham’s. We’re only behind them on goal difference. Two of our three opponents are in the bottom six. Two of their three opponents are in the top five. Three games is enough time for good and bad luck to average out. The play-off place is still in our own hands if we win all three games.

Obviously, we might not get it. But whatever happens, this has been an inspirational season, by far the best since we went into administration a decade ago. With three games to go, worrying about whether or not we will get a play-off place to the Premiership is a great problem to have.

More importantly, Leeds United is now once again known for our football not our finances and ownership. Whether or not we make the play-offs, or get promoted, we will start next season in the healthiest and most optimistic footballing condition since we went into administration.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Clarke One Nil wrote:I’d still rather be in our situation than Fulham’s. We’re only behind them on goal difference. Two of our three opponents are in the bottom six. Two of their three opponents are in the top five. Three games is enough time for good and bad luck to average out. The play-off place is still in our own hands if we win all three games.

Obviously, we might not get it. But whatever happens, this has been an inspirational season, by far the best since we went into administration a decade ago. With three games to go, worrying about whether or not we will get a play-off place to the Premiership is a great problem to have.

More importantly, Leeds United is now once again known for our football not our finances and ownership. Whether or not we make the play-offs, or get promoted, we will start next season in the healthiest and most optimistic footballing condition since we went into administration.

As fourth posts go, this is up there with the best - I agree with everything you've said, mate :)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

This season might not be better than promotion season from L1, IMHO, it had everything including some great football :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Clarke One Nil wrote:... Two of our three opponents are in the bottom six...
That's something a lot of us keep forgetting... Regardless if they're fighting for survival or not, they're down there for a reason! We should have every bit as much fight in us.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Wheressniffer
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Wheressniffer »

It almost feels like the mist has cleared and we now know exactly what we need to do.
Win the next three matches.
Then do it again.
We should treat this like Its two play offs back to back.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Wheressniffer wrote:It almost feels like the mist has cleared and we now know exactly what we need to do.
Win the next three matches.
Then do it again.
We should treat this like Its two play offs back to back.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Brentford Fan
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Brentford Fan »

We'll do our best to help you out guys.

We would love nothing more than to bugger up The River Rats' season.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Brentford Fan wrote:We'll do our best to help you out guys.

We would love nothing more than to bugger up The River Rats' season.
:clap: Great post.

I'm not too hopeful for our own chances of two wins TBH.
Looney4Leeds
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Looney4Leeds »

I think will will still get in at the expense of Sheff W.
They will lose at Ipswich on Saturday while we win. That will make it 78 for them and 76 for us.
Fulham will probably win but a draw is possible as Brentford are in form. lets say they win..puts them on 79
Then theres Sheff W v Fulham which will be a draw IMO meaning Sheff w finish on 79 and Fulham 80
We will go on to beat Wigan putting us on 79 equal with Sheff W...but..our GD will be +2 better than theirs...so into 6th we go setting us up for a play off with Huddersfield!!
Simples.. :D :clap: :clap:
KEEP CALM & MARCH ON TOGETHER!