Radrizzani's recruitments

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Radrizzani's recruitments

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Reports that the club have hired Angus Kinnear as new MD, to replace Ben Mansford.

As this is non-player/manager/coach stuff it is possibly a boring subject :angel: but nonetheless it could be significant, he has an impressive CV for one thing.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Radrizzani's recruitments

Post by saintjimmy »

Maybe why Mansford was stirring the pot the other day.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Telegraph Sport today has an article headed 'Cellino on the way out of Leeds after three stormy years'. The article states that Radrizzani is ready to buy the remaining 50 per cent stake from Cellino.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Telegraph Sport today has an article headed 'Cellino on the way out of Leeds after three stormy years'. The article states that Radrizzani is ready to buy the remaining 50 per cent stake from Cellino.
Can't come soon enough for me.

Get shot of the madman, then sign up Monk and do the same with the key players.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:Telegraph Sport today has an article headed 'Cellino on the way out of Leeds after three stormy years'. The article states that Radrizzani is ready to buy the remaining 50 per cent stake from Cellino.

then sign up Monk and do the same with the key players.
That's the part that will convince me we are moving in the right direction.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

If anything, I believe this is exactly why we didn't get any new players in January and also why Monk hasn't been offered a new deal so far. When you have two people at the head of the table and all the decisions have to be ironed out between them its normal especially when one is looking to buy out the other persons interest. Radrizzani is biding his time to get Cellino out of the club first before he will make some good impressions on everything Leeds. Cellino is the sticking point in any talks about contracts to players, the manager or anyone else at the club. He may not even sell the remaining 50% yet. But my guess is he will sell and Radrizzani will get this club to where Cellino couldn't.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

CorkWhite wrote:If anything, I believe this is exactly why we didn't get any new players in January and also why Monk hasn't been offered a new deal so far. When you have two people at the head of the table and all the decisions have to be ironed out between them its normal especially when one is looking to buy out the other persons interest. Radrizzani is biding his time to get Cellino out of the club first before he will make some good impressions on everything Leeds. Cellino is the sticking point in any talks about contracts to players, the manager or anyone else at the club. He may not even sell the remaining 50% yet. But my guess is he will sell and Radrizzani will get this club to where Cellino couldn't.
Have to say, whatever happens, we are in a better place than we were pre Cellino. He has done okay and I think people should appreciate that.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Deleted User 4067

Post by Deleted User 4067 »

I too hope Cellino departs. He bought us for reasons only he will ever know - but i suspect it was due in large measure to his burning desire to be centre stage in practically everthing that he does. I like many would take a Cellino type over a Bates type all day long though. I hope that in years to come Cellino's legacy will be at worst as that of the dude that stopped the rot, shook things up a bit, made us a serious option for proper football men to again consider investing in. What is also really clear to me is that finally something is afoot with our great club! is it the long prayed for re-awakening? there's certainly chitter chatter, whispers even, and maybe even the odd nod of approval from across the world of football that perhaps finally we are on our way back.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I liked Cellino - he was a classic master of turnaround. Sadly once restructuring had taken place he couldn't stop meddling and needed to be mending things that weren't broken. So for the good of the club I'm glad he's gone.

I'm a little concerned about the appointment of bravo. Feels like a part time Spanish director of football, who will want a Spanish coach, who may or may not be superior to monk. I can't see him immersing himself into the culture of English football. I fear a "this is what we did at Madrid attitude" which may not necessarily be modus operandi for the championship. He might be well served having an chat with Benitez to gain a greater understanding of the ar of the possible.

As regards monk for the sake of continuity he must be given a new 2 year deal. That said let's not carried away. He has done a great job, but there are question marks over his ability to change a game tactically, and ignoring the obvious talents of the big players, Bruce, Benitez and hughton .... I could make a case for Fulham, Derby and Huddersfield having better managers in their employment.

Don't know what to make of the CEO swap. Stadium plans - hope so. I just hope the new guy is not implicated in the HMRC enquiry at West Ham.