Lest we forget

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3289

Re: Lest we forget

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The dogs Boll*cks.

It must have been a great time to follow the club.

R.I.P

Did he ever get a proper send off BTW? Other than the underwhelming charity match when we were struggling.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

It's a sobering thought but, without him, who would I be supporting now. I have no connection with Leeds other than falling in love with his team in the late 60s/early 70s.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Sniffer wrote:It's a sobering thought but, without him, who would I be supporting now. I have no connection with Leeds other than falling in love with his team in the late 60s/early 70s.
Good point Sniffer. I'm the same. Only for my old man fell in love with the Don's Team, I'd be posting somewhere else (no smart comments please...:))
Starting supporting in '82, so there were FAR more glamorous teams around during our relegation. MOT
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Started supporting Leeds because of the coverage in the "Park Drive" football books, god forbid if the Don hadn't have been around

I'd be supporting Harland and Wolff Welders.........

Well ok I do actually
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Built a team that the London press begrudgingly asked "are they now the best club side in the world"

That will do for me.

RIP Don
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Rip Don. Shame he's never got the credit he deserves outside of lufc. He'll always be loved here though. :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Started supporting Leeds because of the coverage in the "Park Drive" football books, god forbid if the Don hadn't have been around

Well ok I do actually
Davy, I think I've still got a couple of the Park Drive books somewhere, must dig them out.
Thought you would be far too young ;) :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:Started supporting Leeds because of the coverage in the "Park Drive" football books, god forbid if the Don hadn't have been around

Well ok I do actually
Davy, I think I've still got a couple of the Park Drive books somewhere, must dig them out.
Thought you would be far too young ;) :D
Please get them posted on here!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another year R.I.P. Mr Revie 29 years where have they gone ?
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I know I have posted this before but I remember Don Revie giving up his Sunday afternoon to play for a Leeds United eleven in a practise match against Yorkshire Amateur. He was aware that 'Ammers' had reached the later stages of the old FA Amateur Cup and had been drawn away to Bromley in the next round. He arranged the practise game for the week before. I was playing centre forward and the Don played centre half, so was marking me. He talked to me the whole game, giving advice. Shame I wasn't good enough to take advantage! After the game he spent a lot of time talking to Ammers team, analysing strengths and weaknesses. What a gentleman he was. RIP. I should add that this was totally Don Revie's idea. He approached Yorkshire Amateur and made the offer. (1961/62 season)
I once played against Don Revie.