Photography

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Photography

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Hello, hope you're well. Below should explain this message but anyway, a good friend & Leeds supporter is compiling a book on the history of ER and it should be a belter. he's wondering if any photographers out there might be able to help. You're welcome to ask me any questions on this too, though his contact details are below too. Thanks :thumbup:

"Jon is a freelance writer who has contributed to The Square Ball since the early 90s and more recently to the official programme and Leeds, Leeds, Leeds magazine. He has been compiling an A-Z History of Elland Road for the last couple of years, which has never been done before, and is due to be published in Autumn 2014. He is looking right back to the 1800s into the history of the area and surrounding population/businesses, as well as documenting the development of the ground. He has spoken to various LUFC personalities and fans and is now in need of some photos to complement the book. Jon is wanting any rare or unusual photos that show features in or around the ground from yesteryear, ie. floodlights, West Stand facade, Kop scoreboard, Lowfields bogs (outside of.....), Souvenir Shop in its pomp, United Fisheries, Cricket/Greyhound stadiums, Fullerton Park pitches, Police sentry boxes at the back of the Kop, Happy Mondays/Queen/U2 gigs, New Peacock, nostalgic shots of old turnstile blocks etc, etc.

Proviso is the photos have to be usable and permission is granted from the source to use the photo in the book, ie. you took the photo yourself, or you know who did and they have given permission for it to be used.

Jon is happy to personally namecheck and acknowledge in the book any people who contribute photos that can be used. Please send a scan/copy of them to jonhowe1971@googlemail.com and he will get back to you."
Deleted User 2

Re: Photography

Post by Deleted User 2 »

No useful photos from me, as you might have guessed :D, but I must say, that sounds like an amazing project. Very much looking forward to it, love reading about lost history of places we just take for granted nowadays.
Deleted User 130

Jon's a good chap too, said some very nice things about my Dad soon after he'd died, and about John Reynolds as well, and he's always been happy to help other writing projects if needed. Writes a mean review too :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Unfortunately, when I was around in the 1800's there were no such things as photo's. :D Sounds like a good project, I will follow it with interest.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

On the yahoo photographic site "Flickr" there is a Leeds United group and a lot of fans downloaded photos.

I'm sure there will be one or two on there that maybe useful and you should be able to message the particular member whose photo you need to use. Any problems just ask as I'm registered with the group.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/leeds_united/
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 130

Selby White wrote:On the yahoo photographic site "Flickr" there is a Leeds United group and a lot of fans downloaded photos.

I'm sure there will be one or two on there that maybe useful and you should be able to message the particular member whose photo you need to use. Any problems just ask as I'm registered with the group.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/leeds_united/
thanks, I'll pass that on, I'm not involved with this book, just helping spread the word. :thumbup: