Why Bellusci is so bad and so hated?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
axristeas
Giddy Kipper

Why Bellusci is so bad and so hated?

Post by axristeas »

Hello everyone,new member here.
I am a PAOK FC fan(had to google register question :mrgreen: ),and,as you know,our club is interested to your defender Giuseppe Bellusci.
Therefore,what I read about this player is not good.And what I am concerned for,except his match performances, is the relationship of the player with Leeds fans.
I know they're bad,but what actually happened?Why is he so hated?Considering that our team had problems with a controversial defender already(Tzavellas),if we are about to sign Bellusci,this would be an important factor,no matter what his performances are.

Thanks in advance,and i wish Leeds gets promoted this year.Its a club which must be in Premier League
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Why Bellusci is so bad and so hated?

Post by Otherworld »

There is nothing at all wrong with him, he is a nice guy and a great defender, and you should sign him quickly. If necessary, we will have a collection to pay for his air ticket. What's your nearest airport? :wave:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey mate
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind words about our club :)

Bellusci is a very good player, technically. He's a ball-playing central defender in the "stopper" style, ie a Baresi-type who'll step out of defence, step on someone's leg, steal the ball then stride forward with it into attack.
He'll easily be good enough for the Greek top division.

However, he is a hot-head and one minute may be saving your team before then getting sent off for a ridiculous, rash and unnecessary challenge. Or he may curl a free-kick into the top corner from 30m out before scoring an own goal at the other end.

He never has a steady 7/10 game.

The reason he's hated is because he's thought to be one of six players who "phoned in sick" before a match, ie the 6 in question said they had an injury and couldn't play at very short notice, leaving us high and dry.
The fans never forgave him for that.

So he's a good player if you can keep his head on right, but he's an arrogant SOB at the same time.

You'll either love him and he'll stay for a few years, or you'll get shot of him in the January window !
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Racist, ringleader, bully and marching powder fan. All allegedly of course!
axristeas
Giddy Kipper

Post by axristeas »

rigger wrote:Hey mate
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the kind words about our club :)

Bellusci is a very good player, technically. He's a ball-playing central defender in the "stopper" style, ie a Baresi-type who'll step out of defence, step on someone's leg, steal the ball then stride forward with it into attack.
He'll easily be good enough for the Greek top division.

However, he is a hot-head and one minute may be saving your team before then getting sent off for a ridiculous, rash and unnecessary challenge. Or he may curl a free-kick into the top corner from 30m out before scoring an own goal at the other end.

He never has a steady 7/10 game.

The reason he's hated is because he's thought to be one of six players who "phoned in sick" before a match, ie the 6 in question said they had an injury and couldn't play at very short notice, leaving us high and dry.
The fans never forgave him for that.

So he's a good player if you can keep his head on right, but he's an arrogant SOB at the same time.

You'll either love him and he'll stay for a few years, or you'll get shot of him in the January window !
Thanks for the detailed analyze man.
So in shortage he is a good but inconsistent and selfish player.
I would not like to see him joining our club,he will be sent off or making mistakes often.In Greek Superleague,if you want to be the champion,and you are not Olympiacos,you must not spare any points.An inconsistent player in defence like Bellusci is not what we need
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

On another thread, I promised to drive Bellusci to his next destination free of charge. So if you could let me have the postcode for the sat nav, that would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Where is this good player business coming from, he isn't.

He's an utter liability, he gave away a penalty and got sent off on his debut for gods sake. He ruined BPF's debut by giving away another penalty late in the game, and don't get me started on those stupid overhead kicks he tries and the endless abuse of referees.

I'm not really into this ringleader of the sick note six, if these blokes allow themselves to be told what to do by that cretin then they should have a good look in the mirror.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Where is this good player business coming from, he isn't.

He's an utter liability, he gave away a penalty and got sent off on his debut for gods sake. He ruined BPF's debut by giving away another penalty late in the game, and don't get me started on those stupid overhead kicks he tries and the endless abuse of referees.

I'm not really into this ringleader of the sick note six, if these blokes allow themselves to be told what to do by that cretin then they should have a good look in the mirror.
You don't seem to keen on keeping him BB. :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Where is this good player business coming from, he isn't.

You don't seem to keen on keeping him BB. :D
I'm certainly not a paid up member of his fan club Al, lets put it that way.
axristeas
Giddy Kipper

Post by axristeas »

Barlow Boy wrote:On another thread, I promised to drive Bellusci to his next destination free of charge. So if you could let me have the postcode for the sat nav, that would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:
Mikras Asias 1,Toumpa,Thessaloniki.Deliver him when you can :mrgreen: :mrgreen: