A few questions for July

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

A few questions for July

Post by Selby White »

Come on folks have a go its often a good read.

1. Now Rad has bought Elland road how would you like to see the stadium develop ?
Given a 10 year plan what sort of capacity stadium should we be looking at ?

2. Have you ever been involved in a road accident ?
If yes tell us about it

3. What do you do to keep fit and healthy ?

4. Do you drink alcohol at home ?
If yes what ?

5. PIck your all time team of leeds players not from the British Isles.
One rule can't have two from the same country (eg Viduka & Kewell)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Re: A few quetions for July

Post by Deleted User 728 »

1. Now Rad has bought Elland road how would you like to see the stadium develop ?

I'd really like to see some proper parking in place. I mean, a giant multi-storey that's reasonably priced and efficiently run. I recently went to Ipswich and had a great experience there with the club car-park. Similar site, just outside town, plenty of wasteland and parks in the area.
I don't see why we can't do the same.
As for the ground itself, I'd like to see one roof around the entire place with all the gaps being filled. Also, a roof that slopes towards the pitch as it helps keep the sound inside the stadium, making it more intimidating and more of a fortress. Newcastle have got that bit right ..

A teeny, tiny prang caused by a driver pulling out on to the main road along which I was driving my step-father's car. He was out of the country at the time and while I took the guy's details - he was Italian !! - and told him it would be a week before I contacted him, when he came back my old man said "it's not even worth bothering with". It was a dent about the size of an espresso cup on the wheel arch ;)

My job means from Monday to Friday I work for 4 hours every morning from 4am loading UPS vans.
I don't need to do anything more than that !
(but I do cycle regularly - twenty four miles yesterday - and I do run on my treadmill too).
Being diabetic I have to watch what I eat too, minimising processed foods in general and tending to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and meat/poultry while cutting down on carbs.

4. Do you drink alcohol at home ? If yes what ?

Only if I have friends round. I never drink on my own or just for the sake of it.
Alcohol has always been purely a social thing for me.
Again, as a diabetic I need to be careful so I generally drink lager these days as there's less sugar than in ales.
I very, very rarely drink spirits at all, but enjoy a glass of dry red too.

5. Pick your all time team of leeds players not from the British Isles.

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:Come on folks have a go its often a good read.

If yes tell us about it

If yes what ?

1.Capacity wise I'd be hoping we needed a 75k plus like the scum. Realistically I don't see the point in going for 50k from what we have already so really think55k - 60k would be the goal.

2. Been in several, and a few at high speed. Scariest wasn't really a traffic accident although it was on a road(ish) and on a motorbike. I finishished work one Sunday morning at around 3 am and was travelling home on my trusty Yamaha RD350LC (the canines willy at the time) A new section of motorway was being built but was cordoned off with traffic cones where it joined an existing roundabout. The section of motorway was being built on reclaimed land along the coast so it was pitch black but the newly laid tarmac was calling me and the devil on my shoulder was asking how fast could I go. So off I headed through the cones and opened her up. Now 110mph is nothing for bikes even then but its fast enough when you suddenly realise that the road isnt finished and the smooth tarmac is ending in abot 50 yards. I hit the brakes but could only hold them for a second or 2 before I hit the hardcore and had to let them off and just bounce along the rubble trying to keep the bike upright. A good few hundred yards further on I eventually stopped and a few minute after that I eventually stopped peeing as well. Scared the dung clean out of me and the bike was never the same after the bouncing it took.

3. I play an hour and a half squash once sometimes twice a week, walk the dog but do little else.

4. Yes am afraid I do :D I usually have 2 bottles of red wine over the weekend starting Friday evening. Definitely a habit.

5. tried to go (loosely) 442
Keeper Schmeichel - most of the greats were from the uk
Lucas Radebe
Alf Inge Haland
John McClelland (had to have one N.Irishman
Ian Harte (nearly went for Gary Kelly but Harte's free kicks swung it)
Olivier Dacourt
Harry Kewel
albert johanneson
Max Gradel
Tony Yeboah
Eric Cantona
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

1. Now Rad has bought Elland road how would you like to see the stadium develop?
Given a 10 year plan what sort of capacity stadium should we be looking at?

55,000 stadium with 5000 safe standing area for our hard core fans, better parking around the area and maybe a hotel for fans who travel from overseas (hint hint).

2. Have you ever been involved in a road accident?
If yes tell us about it

Never, thankfully!

3. What do you do to keep fit and healthy?

Walking, (everywhere instead of driving), back in the day I used to walk for over 2 hours and it helped me lose over 20kgs

4. Do you drink alcohol at home?
If yes what?

Yes, craft beer only. Usually have 2-3 whilst watching the sport on the TV/computer of a night on the weekend (Sat/Sun). Very rarely will I drink a spirit that would be only for special occasions and usually when I’m not at home, same with wine.

5. PIck your all-time team of Leeds players not from the British Isles.

GK – Kasper Schmeichel
RB – Gaetano Berardi
LB – Eddie Lewis
CM – Oliver Dacourt
CD – Lucas Radebe
CD – Robert Molenaar
RM – Max Gradel
A – Mark Viduka
A – Tony Yeboah
CM – Johnny Giles (for Rigger as Ireland is part of the British Isles - Alex Sabella)
LM – Alf-Ingle Haaland
Last edited by Mr Russell on 12 Jul 2017, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 728

I think you'll find Ireland is part of the British Isles, chaps ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:I think you'll find Ireland is part of the British Isles, chaps ;)
Absolutely, can save the Irish players both northern and Eire until next month.

Also Davy one player from each country is a rule (Cantana or Dacort, Radebe or Johanson, not both).

Some great answers so far from all, enjoyed reading them.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Selby White wrote:Come on folks have a go its often a good read.

80'000 capacity back amongst the best teams in the world and a Aldi built next to the stadium so I could get a transfer.

If yes tell us about it.

Yes 4, but thankfully nothing serious. The worst was when i crashed my mates dads Ford Cortina Mk5 into a lamppost I cant say what happened nest for legal reasons.

Recently joined a Gym again (£12.99pm steal) Love walking my boy (the dog) I play short Tennis every 2 weeks (i'm rubbish at real tennis) occasional Badminton, and Snooker once a week (because of the concentration required that knackers me out most)

If yes what ?

Very rarely drink at home its a social thing for me. I like the occasional bottle of Stout when I do.

GK - Casper Ankergren :D
RB – Gunnar Halle
LB – Gaetano Berardi
CM – Oliver Dacourt
CD – Lucas Radebe
CD – Robert Molenaar
RM – Max Gradel
A – Mark Viduka (Croatian)
A – Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
CM – Eirik Bakke
LM – Harry Kewell
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:I think you'll find Ireland is part of the British Isles, chaps ;)
Absolutely, can save the Irish players both northern and Eire until next month.

Also Davy one player from each country is a rule (Cantana or Dacort, Radebe or Johanson, not both).

Some great answers so far from all, enjoyed reading them.
Damn caught out. Moral..... Don't type on an empty head !

Cantona
Radebe
JFH
Berardi
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: A few questions for July

Post by johnh »

1. 50,000 capacity. Some safe standing. Location ER.

2. 1971. M1 near Loughborough (north bound), no central barriers. Car came across from the southbound carriageway. I was in the fast lane knocking on a bit as we had been delayed. Didn't have time to even hit the brake before I hit the car. Cut the other car in two, engine and front wheels went one way and the rest of the car the other way. I slid across the motorway and ended up on the hard shoulder. My 11 year old son in the front passenger seat was hollering as he had a gash to his cheek. I spent a few seconds quietening him down then looked around as my wife, 8 month old baby daughter and 8 year old son were in the back seat. There was no one there. I looked out of the side window and saw my wife sitting in a pool of water on the hard shoulder. Then I saw my son lying unconscious in the slow lane and the baby upside down in her chair on the line between the slow lane and the hard shoulder. I shouted for my wife to get the baby and climbed out of the window (the door was jammed shut) and managed to get my son off the slow lane before any traffic came up. All the windows in the car had gone and as it was raining we were getting wet, so I got some things out of the boot to cover us up. I had only just done this when an ambulance pulled up. It was returning empty to Leicester Infirmary and picked us up to take us there. We all required stitching up and because my son had been knocked unconscious he was kept in overnight. Had to return home by train. How lucky is that!

3. Walking and gardening

4. Wine, beer, scotch.

5. Schmeical
Berardi
Radebe
Jansson
Haaland
Gradel
Viduka
Hasselbaink
Cantona
Kewell
Johanneson
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Re: A few questions for July

johnh wrote: 2. 1971. M1 near Loughborough (north bound), no central barriers. Car came across from the southbound carriageway. I was in the fast lane knocking on a bit as we had been delayed. Didn't have time to even hit the brake before I hit the car. Cut the other car in two, engine and front wheels went one way and the rest of the car the other way. I slid across the motorway and ended up on the hard shoulder. My 11 year old son in the front passenger seat was hollering as he had a gash to his cheek. I spent a few seconds quietening him down then looked around as my wife, 8 month old baby daughter and 8 year old son were in the back seat. There was no one there. I looked out of the side window and saw my wife sitting in a pool of water on the hard shoulder. Then I saw my son lying unconscious in the slow lane and the baby upside down in her chair on the line between the slow lane and the hard shoulder. I shouted for my wife to get the baby and climbed out of the window (the door was jammed shut) and managed to get my son off the slow lane before any traffic came up. All the windows in the car had gone and as it was raining we were getting wet, so I got some things out of the boot to cover us up. I had only just done this when an ambulance pulled up. It was returning empty to Leicester Infirmary and picked us up to take us there. We all required stitching up and because my son had been knocked unconscious he was kept in overnight. Had to return home by train. How lucky is that!
Blimey :o

That's some horror story, right there !
Like an episode opener for Tales Of The Unexpected.

And to answer your question, I'd say incredibly lucky indeed :thumbup: