New Member - General thoughts and feelings

Introduce yourself here
SuperJimmy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

New Member - General thoughts and feelings

Post by SuperJimmy »

First of all an apology as I have been a user of this site for a while but never formally introduced myself.

Leeds fan since I was about 8, from the 2001/2 season. I lived abroad which is why the decision took so long! Separate post concerning this in the 'Why Leeds' Topic.

Dad's taken us all over, lived in Dubai, Cyprus, Kenya. Moved back to the UK 6 years ago, currently living in the soft underbelly of the UK that is the south of England, Bath to be exact.

Finally heading to my first game at ER for 13 years on the 23rd September for the Ipswich game. Just out of uni and spending a disproportionate amount of my first paycheque on membership, shirt, etc. Suitably optimistic following AR take-over, was disappointed when Monk first left, becoming less bothered by the minute with the current feel around the club.

Happy with the signings this season, Saiz is off to a flyer, Alioski looks a cut above the average championship winger and when settled I think will perform well consistently, Anita is the most under the radar signing that I think adds the most value to the squad, very versatile and very competent. Look forward to seeing more of Klich as I didn't catch much of pre season. CBJ will help Wood (should he stay) with his deliveries into the box, saw evidence of this against Preston, one inch lower and Wood could have done something with it. Pennington is a good signing, shame he got injured. Wiedwald good, difficult to judge a keeper so soon but good with his feet, overall better than Green, not sure. Ekuban reasonable back up.

Ideally I'd like the club to sign a CB regardless of severity of Pennington's injury. Personally don't think Cooper is up to standard to create a CB partnership to challenge for playoffs and should be a last resort, was stunned to see him as captain.

Slightly lengthy introductory post, but these are my general feelings going into the season.

MOT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: New Member - General thoughts and feelings

Post by Davycc »

Welcome, great 1st post :thumbup: Don't be a stranger and also welcome to the members map.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Arr :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Bloody Bathonians. :D
Ow Bist? Greetings from Bristol. :wave:
SuperJimmy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by SuperJimmy »

Sniffer wrote:Bloody Bathonians. :D
Bristol? I send my deepest condolences for the events which have led you there. :D

I'm very well thanks, churz.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Having a trip down that way at the end of September Sniffer, loved it last time although we were lucky with the weather.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Having a trip down that way at the end of September Sniffer, loved it last time although we were lucky with the weather.
Glad we could tempt you back, BB. :) Same place again?