Away tickets

Introduce yourself here
kneeknack
Giddy Kipper

Away tickets

Post by kneeknack »

Hello All -

Been a Leeds fan since 1972. I really should have grown out of it by now, but, you know... My boys live in Sunderland with their mother but you'll be pleased to hear that I made them the only 2 Leeds fans in their school.

We've been going to ER for years but this season I wanted to do more away games. For years we've been looking forward to seeing Leeds at the Stadium of Light and this season we finally got the chance. I spent £120 on Gold memberships for the 3 of us and then waited for the tickets to come on sale...

But they sold out before we even qualified - they were on sale to ST holders at first and then members who did more than 12 games last season. It seems the same was true of the Bolton game and now the Forest game is sold out as well. This is fair enough - I don't disagree with the priority system - but it renders our memberships useless to us.

I think I'll ask for a refund. Any advice?

Thanks a lot.
Deleted User 728

Re: Away tickets

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'd just be honest about it.

If they say no then there's not much you can do but I don't really see you have much choice in terms of coming up with anything more creative.

Tell them the back story and how disappointed they were - "tears running down their little faces" etc (even if they're 18 !) - and lay it on nice and thick and see what happens.

If you'd asked beforehand, I would've advised writing to the club with the story first and gone into how excited they'd be at seeing their heroes play at the Stadium Of Light and oh, before I commit to three memberships, what are the chances of us getting away tickets for that match specifically ?
I would've thought they'd have been more likely to save you three seats with the caveat you buy the memberships.

Too late now, but that's what I would've done :(

Good luck !
Let us know how you get on :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

One of the big drawbacks of following Leeds is that we have such a huge following that away tickets can be like the proverbial hens teeth. You really need to apply right on the time that tickets go on sale, they sell out very quickly. I doubt the club will refund you, never heard before that they have but as gold members should we get to the play off final I would imagine you would automatically qualify for tickets.

Anyway welcome to the forum where do you live ?
Winner of the Europa League
kneeknack
Giddy Kipper

Post by kneeknack »

Thanks.

I'm not optimistic about a refund - it's more about making a point really.

I'm no. 39 on the members map - up in the North Pennines.

Yourself? My partner lives in Nottingham so I spend a lot of time there.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

kneeknack wrote:Thanks.

I'm not optimistic about a refund - it's more about making a point really.

I'm no. 39 on the members map - up in the North Pennines.

Yourself? My partner lives in Nottingham so I spend a lot of time there.
Beeston, the Nottingham one not the Leeds one ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

As NW says, we've got too many fans for away games! Your membership hasn't helped you get a ticket this time but that's more down to SAFC allocating us just 2900 tickets. It's even worse next week, just 2k tickets for Forest apparently.