Feed the birds

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Feed the birds

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:Was a large hawk type bird (would say 8 to 10inch) on our garden fence the other morning.

On a different note had a Pigeon kill itself by flying at speed into our kitchen window a couple of days ago. Hit it so hard I was surprised it didn't smash the glass.
Buried in the garden with a nice plant next to the grave.
Over the years we had several birds fly into our patio windows. We stuck silhouettes of predator birds, hawks etc., on the window and had no more problems.

PS Spelt silhouette without looking it up in the dictionary. :D
Good idea John but don't want to scare the birds off as we get all sorts it's good to watch.
First time it's happend in 17 years living here so putting it down to a one off.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We had a flock ( or should I say a charm ) of 17 goldfinch on the roof opposite us this morning.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We had a flock ( or should I say a charm ) of 17 goldfinch on the roof opposite us this morning.
If you haven’t already done so, get some Niger seeds in your feeders mate, they will come flocking.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:We had a flock ( or should I say a charm ) of 17 goldfinch on the roof opposite us this morning.
If you haven’t already done so, get some Niger seeds in your feeders mate, they will come flocking.
I'm going into town later & will have a look ;) edited to say the wife's popped out to buy some after an online search I found that Wilkos was by far the cheapest place to buy them. Will keep updating if & or when we start attracting them.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mission accomplished now off to sort the feeders, watch this space :D

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

That’s the ones we use NW, give them time and they will come :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

BB, The sunflower hearts are cheaper in Home Bargains (the one between the railway and canal bridges), Mrs SW gets them there, same with the fat balls.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:BB, The sunflower hearts are cheaper in Home Bargains (the one between the railway and canal bridges), Mrs SW gets them there, same with the fat balls.
Thanks for that mate, to be honest I leave it to the Mrs but will let her know.

Thanks again for that.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:That’s the ones we use NW, give them time and they will come :thumbup:
We emptied all the feeders this morning ( 9 in total ) onto the bird table the pigeons will eat it & washed all the holders & refilled. So everything's crossed here :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The birds have all gone we are getting none at all in the garden. Our neighbours went to sort their feeders out & decided the werent spending anymore money as the seeds were just getting thrown away. The birds can be heard but for whatever reason don't need human charity.