Septembers questions - Open to all

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Septembers questions - Open to all

Post by Selby White »

1. We've recruited well but which player do you believe will prove to be our best signing among the current crop (Saiz, Alioski, Pontus, etc) ?

2. What was your first ever holiday without your parents (with mates, partner, alone, whichever) ?
Of course add any stories.

3. You have an Open ticket to any events at the Olympics for 3 days. which 3 different sports would you choose ?

4. Whats the strangest reason you've split up with a GF or BF ?

5. Last 4 months we've named our all time best Leeds Utd teams made up of English, Scotttish, Welsh/Irish & Rest of World.
Which team (and why) would win a league type competition between the four ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Re: Septembers questions - Open to all

Post by Deleted User 728 »

1. We've recruited well but which player do you believe will prove to be our best signing among the current crop (Saiz, Alioski, Pontus, etc) ?
The three you've named are all obvious stand-outs and leading players in the division, let alone our squad, but I would suggest Pennington. I know he's only on loan, but he looked class in the handful of games he played in the EPL a year ago and an Everton friend assures me they sold the show-pony to Man City (Stones) while keeping their thoroughbred safely in the stable and I trust his judgement.

2. What was your first ever holiday without your parents (with mates, partner, alone, whichever) ?

With my parents :
Lyme Regis, two years running in '72 and '73 before my father died in 1974. I remember dragging him to the window of a toy shop just off the front where there was a cracking little display of all the cars and models surrounded by a simple looped train-track. Beneath the windowsill was a doorbell buzzer - the classic white button in a black housing - and if you pressed it, the train would go round the oval once.
Christ, the man must have been a saint because I pressed that thing for what seemed like hours :lol:

3. You have an Open ticket to any events at the Olympics for 3 days. which 3 different sports would you choose ?
Really not a fan, but I'd go for some kind of cycling thing at the velodrome, the football obviously and probably something ridiculous like trampolining.
On second thoughts, how about 3 days at the Women's Beach Volleyball ? :ugeek:

Can I start a new thread for this one ??
We might be here a while ..
The most common reason is "she's a control freak !" and that's happened several times.
I don't get why women want to change the man they choose to go out with - why not pick someone you like in the first place ?
But that's not really weird ..
I went out with a hand model for a couple of months. She was really naughty and her hands were absolutely beautiful, but her face wasn't all that and she had an annoying voice.
I recently ducked out of going out with a girl whose nasally tones could only ever evoke Janet Street-Porter. Now, as much as I like the mad lefty bint - seriously, she's a very intelligent and amusing individual - I couldn't stand to listen to that grating, scraping, kid-learning-the-violin-esque chorus for long so I gave her a swerve. Lovely girl, just my type usually, but honestly I couldn't bear it after talking to her for an hour ..

5. Last 4 months we've named our all time best Leeds Utd teams made up of English, Scotttish, Welsh/Irish & Rest of World.

Scottish, without a shadow of a doubt.
The most talent and the most spirit. End of.

Nice questions, matey - well done ! :D
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

1. We've recruited well but which player do you believe will prove to be our best signing among the current crop (Saiz, Alioski, Pontus, etc)?

At the moment Saiz is the cream of the crop with Alioski and Pontus not far behind so all 3 would be high on the list so I will go from left field and say Felix Wiedwald, our German Goal keeper. He’s young and now he’s got a chance of getting a team promoted to the top division, plus 4 clean sheets recently in the league is a good start.

2. What was your first ever holiday without your parents (with mates, partner, alone, whichever)?

Is one night counted then it would be in the 1989/90 season and the Bournemouth game where I stayed with the Keighley Whites in Portsmouth.

If not then when I came to Australia just before my 20th birthday headed across to Mudgee (Country NSW) for 5 days with a few mates. First night had a big night on the drink which was all and fine but I still used to suffer from car sickness so I had taken a couple of tablets so I could endure the 4 hour drive there. Alcohol and those tablets do not of course mix and for the next 4 days I was very sick and could not eat anything, it did however cure my car sickness.

3. You have an Open ticket to any events at the Olympics for 3 days. Which 3 different sports would you choose?

I dislike the Olympics at best as most of it bores me but if I had to pick it would be Football and Hockey (both men’s and women’s), if Cricket makes a return then I’d pick that as well. Can’t stand swimming or athletics!!!!

4. What’s the strangest reason you've split up with a GF or BF?

Sorry don’t really have one here, split ups happen as its not working or compatible enough, simple as that!

5. Last 4 months we've named our all-time best Leeds Utd teams made up of English, Scottish, Welsh/Irish & Rest of World.
Which team (and why) would win a league type competition between the four?

England and Scotland would knock out the Welsh/Irish and ROTW teams and meet in the final match at Elland Road where the game would end in a 2-2 draw. As England suck at penalties that means Scotland would win the competition 4-3 on penalties.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

On current form i'd have to go with Siaz. The lad just looks a class above. Makes the game look easy, and that's always the sign of a good player. Lets hope he becomes great.

Me and a group of school mates went to Mablethorpe in Lincolneshire camping when I was 14/15. We had to ask a couple of girls if they would pretend to be our girlfriends because they didn't allow all male groups. It worked. 2 things stand out from the trip, it was the first time i dropped LSD (i'll never forget it for all sorts of reasons) and the second, a couple of us managed to pull 2 birds who were in their twenty's. We felt like rock stars for a night. :D

Mens 100m......Gymnastics...... and I would go with the Mrs to watch Dressage (she loves it)

It had to be cheating. I got caught kissing another girl at dinnertime in school. Lets just say it didn't take long to back to my girlfriend. (I don't mind admitting that I was lacked direction through my teenage years)

Rest of the World. It's a bigger pot of players :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Selby White wrote:1. We've recruited well but which player do you believe will prove to be our best signing among the current crop (Saiz, Alioski, Pontus, etc) ?

Too early to say, obviously, but I like the look of all of them. Saiz probably.

A caravan on a farm in Bude with a girlfriend. Not as exciting as I'd hoped it would be. A year or so before that I'd worked at Butlins in Minehead. That would have been my first time away from home on my own. That was an eye-opener. ;)

It depends who I have to cheer on. I'm not bothered about athletics in general but my better half is so I'd leave it up to her.

I'm with Mr Russell on this. Split ups are 2 way things.

It'd be a tight run thing between England and Scotland.
Deleted User 3289

A year or so before that I'd worked at Butlins in Minehead. That would have been my first time away from home on my own. That was an eye-opener.
Didn't have you down as a sing & dance man in a red coat Sniff. ;) What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right. :shh: :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
A year or so before that I'd worked at Butlins in Minehead. That would have been my first time away from home on my own. That was an eye-opener.
Didn't have you down as a sing & dance man in a red coat Sniff. ;) What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas right. :shh: :D
Definitely not the dance anyway, as was made abundantly clear at my sister-in-law's 50th last night. :shifty:

I was there as a pot man - collecting glasses and washing them. There was however a full-on music shop on site and, with the shop manager's permission, a friend and I borrowed a guitar and a couple of songbooks. We stood outside the shop and busked until one of Butlin's managers told us to stop for breaching our contracts. The bloke was a twat. We were busking for fun rather than money. Within a couple of weeks I'd been forced to resign. Within a month that manager and a couple of others had been charged with embezzlement. Justice of a sorts. :angel:
Deleted User 3289

:D Love it. Their loss pal. :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Definitely not the dance anyway, as was made abundantly clear at my sister-in-law's 50th last night. :shifty:

I was there as a pot man - collecting glasses and washing them. There was however a full-on music shop on site and, with the shop manager's permission, a friend and I borrowed a guitar and a couple of songbooks. We stood outside the shop and busked until one of Butlin's managers told us to stop for breaching our contracts. The bloke was a twat. We were busking for fun rather than money. Within a couple of weeks I'd been forced to resign. Within a month that manager and a couple of others had been charged with embezzlement. Justice of a sorts. :angel:
Like it :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.