Anybody else worried?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Looney4Leeds
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Anybody else worried?

Post by Looney4Leeds »

With all the managerial sackings going on, is anybody else worried that perhaps one of the so called "larger" clubs may come in and lure BMcD :geek: away from us?
Or do we have faith in McD :geek: that he will be loyal to us and see out his plans rebuilding Leeds United.

I for one must admit that, after a shaky start, I was not sure if either BMac would stay on or be given the sack, but I think he is the man for us and can lead us to the promised land. But will he be tempted to leave if the right offer comes in? Remember, he was linked to the Ireland job.What if Spurs come in for him?

It would certainly be a real setback if he was to go.....be interesting to read any other thoughts on this.
KEEP CALM & MARCH ON TOGETHER!
Deleted User 130

Re: Anybody else worried?

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I'm about as worried about this as I am about what I'm going to get for Christmas, to be frank.

I'm more worried that Barnsley will be reinvigorated by Danny Wilson's arrival and spoil all our Christmas cheer.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

onenorthernsoul wrote:I'm about as worried about this as I am about what I'm going to get for Christmas, to be frank.

I'm more worried that Barnsley will be reinvigorated by Danny Wilson's arrival and spoil all our Christmas cheer.
Agree with ONS here, Bmc doesn't come across as the sort of bloke that would jump number 2s half way through a project which to me he seems genuinely passionate about, following that he seems to have full backing and a good relationship with the board from what I heard from David Haigh' interview last night.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

jjrgreeney wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:I'm about as worried about this as I am about what I'm going to get for Christmas, to be frank.

Agree with ONS here, Bmc doesn't come across as the sort of bloke that would jump number 2s half way through a project which to me he seems genuinely passionate about, following that he seems to have full backing and a good relationship with the board from what I heard from David Haigh' interview last night.
Hmmmm interesting turn of phrase....... :D

If only I had a pound for every time I dod that.

I'm not too worried either I think, certainly no disrespect for BMc but I think Spurs are in the position of now having to get someone really high profile in. Hopefully next year BMc has proven he's the top dog..... but stays.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I think McDermott is here to finish the job he has started, vacant positions at other clubs don't worry me.
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

Expect the unexpected particularly at or club so anything is possible.
I genuinely believe that BM is happy at Leeds and wants to succeed. You only have to read his post match comments to realise he has a special relationship with the fans which he has not had with other clubs so I personally think he will be here for the long haul.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

If he was offered a top 6 Prem job I expect he'd be off. That won't happen, he's rebuilding his career having been sacked by a bottom 3 Prem club. To date he has shown himself to be a good Championship manager. That won't be enough for the likes of Spurs and I can't see Baggies swapping someone who arguably did a better job in the Prem than BM, for BM.

He's locked in at lufc where he needs to prove himself, if he does he can't lose. A bigger and better contract at ER or a better offer from elsewhere will follow. It's worth remembering Grayson had us higher in the league at one point, playing cracking football as well. I suspect BMs steadier approach will ultimately prevail but for now he is just one of several managers in the Champs with something to prove.

So, no, I'm not worried.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Hadn't even given it a thought tbh so no i'm not at all concerned !

Life is too short to worry about such matters !
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Not sure if the likes of spurs are looking for British managers. Not too many left in the perm anyway. I hope he hangs around for a while as I really like the philosophy of those who put it in on the training ground get to strut their stuff on the pitch come match day.

If he was to go who in the hell would we replace him with?? Glenn Hoddell ? :lol:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It's my honest belief that McDermott is here to see the job through. Plus he isn't a big enough name for Spurs they'll want a continental manager.
Winner of the Europa League