In the Press

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: In the Press

Post by 90 miles a hour »

Very good article all good but we all new that
It's got a lot fans wound up there's over 200 comments :D :D :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... em-hate-us Good read.

I know I stole it but I like re reading things after a few weeks or so and then have trouble finding the thread te items in :shock:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Davycc wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... em-hate-us Good read.

I know I stole it but I like re reading things after a few weeks or so and then have trouble finding the thread te items in :shock:
I forgot about this thread when posting the original link. Any chance of making it a sticky?
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

MOT1964 wrote: Any chance of making it a sticky?
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41492254

Harvey said the EFL makes "conscious scheduling decisions" to hold local games across the three divisions at weekends to encourage more people to attend.

"We make that scheduling choice to get bigger games at weekends because that provides better atmosphere and increases gate revenue for clubs," he added.

"The flip side is that those games that are at a distance have to go into midweek."

"It is a deliberate act but the reason for it is to ensure we get bigger crowds at weekends rather than lower crowds in the midweek."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nice to see we've got one of the best young players in the world :

From The Guardian's Next Generation 2017: 60 of the best young talents in world football annual update :
https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... d-football
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

30 goals for Barcelonas youth team last year so he knows where the back of the net is.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I see Alfie Haalands lads on that list Rigs. Bet he'd love to play for us.

Erling Braut Haaland
CountryNorway
ClubMolde
PositionForward
Born21 July 20
The striker was born in Leeds, just before his father, Alf Inge Haaland, moved to Manchester City – and he fervently supports Leeds United. "My dream is to win the Premier League with them," he says, knowing that is virtually impossible. The other aspiration is more likely to come true. Erling wants to surpass the 34 international caps of his dad, whose career was cut short by a knee injury. Physically strong, technically skilled and very tough mentally, Haaland was an integral part of the first-team squad at Bryne during the 2016 season, starting four games as a 15-year-old. When the team were relegated he signed for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Molde, preferring them to Hoffenheim reserves. Under the former Manchester United star's guidance, he has scored three goals in the past two months – all of them winners. The latest effort at Viking was followed by controversy, as Haaland celebrated wildly and taunted the home fans. Michael Yokhin
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I see Alfie Haalands lads on that list Rigs. Bet he'd love to play for us.

Erling Braut Haaland
CountryNorway
ClubMolde
PositionForward
Born21 July 20
The striker was born in Leeds, just before his father, Alf Inge Haaland, moved to Manchester City – and he fervently supports Leeds United. "My dream is to win the Premier League with them," he says, knowing that is virtually impossible. The other aspiration is more likely to come true. Erling wants to surpass the 34 international caps of his dad, whose career was cut short by a knee injury. Physically strong, technically skilled and very tough mentally, Haaland was an integral part of the first-team squad at Bryne during the 2016 season, starting four games as a 15-year-old. When the team were relegated he signed for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Molde, preferring them to Hoffenheim reserves. Under the former Manchester United star's guidance, he has scored three goals in the past two months – all of them winners. The latest effort at Viking was followed by controversy, as Haaland celebrated wildly and taunted the home fans. Michael Yokhin

:evil:
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »