Politics

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Politics

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Unfortunately, when a government talks about its people in terms of economics only and shows a lack of care & compassion. These things are going to happen.

http://news.sky.com/story/hang-the-tori ... t-11062348

Although the rumours up here in the North West is that George Osbourne was spotted within the vicinity. :lolno:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Politics

Post by Selby White »

Asking for someone to be hung just because you disagree with their Politics is pathetic in my opinion.

If you want to see capitol punishment let's start with the murderers and rapists.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Selby White wrote:Asking for someone to be hung just because you disagree with their Politics is pathetic in my opinion.

If you want to see capitol punishment let's start with the murderers and rapists.
Not sure if i agree with Capitol punishment to be honest. Its something of the past that was voted not to happen anymore. If it was voted back in again would it help society anymore than what life in jail does? The Judicial system is corrupt as it was in the dark ages IMO. Lawyers meet each other long before the case ends to agree a sentence in some crummy bar and the judge goes along with it. Some people i agree should be hung drawn and quartered but the reality is our society has no stomach for these types of punishments anymore.

The one thing i have learned since iv'e been out here in the Philippines is that life in the western world has a lot more value than it does here. The reason is because people decided that even criminals no matter the crime has a right to live whether its in jail for the rest of their lives, here in the Philippines you smoke dope you are a dead man walking which shows the immaturity of the way people deal with things. At present there are over 8000 people killed in 18 months of the new presidents regime that are related to shoot to kill policy on any drug taker. More than anything the dealers don' get hit at all its just the small fish who are killed. Life these days is really negative and out of control with negative impacts on a large scale. I am pro life and always will be. death penalty should remain in the dark ages. Move on as a race of people and mature beyond the immaturity of our ancestors.

Life's too short to be worried about such things. Lets all enjoy the Leeds United climb to the top instead :D
Deleted User 3289

He's a hardline dictator the guy in charge over there CorkWhite. If the west had any financial interest in the Philippines the western media would be all over the story like they were in Syria. As it is, most people over here haven't got a clue about the drug related cleansing that's going on over there. Its almost an impossible task ridding a country of drugs when the economy is so poor. Why his he so hell bent on this cleansing?
Deleted User 3289

Just finished watching the PM's speech at the tory conference in Manchester. Just as I was dropping off to sleep and thinking to my self, I wonder which section the working class people are sitting in? I couldn't see many chavs for instance. Then up pop's the biggest chav of them all in Lee Nelson aka Simon Brodkin to add some realism into the preceding's. He handed TM her P45 apparently telling her it was from Boris Johnson :lol: . Unfortunately it rattled the PM and she never recovered her voice after that, but credit to her for battling on.

Who would have thought it hey? Lee Nelson the only chav in the village, will get all the headlines. This could be just what the tories need to win back the young voters.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

He's got a face you just wanna slap, hasn't he ??

.. a bit like everyone else in the room, then.
Deleted User 3289

rigger wrote:He's got a face you just wanna slap, hasn't he ??

.. a bit like everyone else in the room, then.
How the hell he keeps slipping into these event is baffling. I must admit I do find it amusing. My favorite being when he was throwing money at Seb Blatter. :lol:
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

I'm waiting for when he does it once too often and gets tasered. That WILL be worth watching a party conference for
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

That speech was hilarious, the fella interrupting her was out of order, and potentially dangerous, but her constant coughing and the stage falling apart was very funny.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Anyone seen the film I Daniel Blake. It sounds like this new Universal Credit system being rolled out by the government is causing a lot of misery to people. I'm all for Welfare reform, but you can't expect people with little or no money to wait 6 weeks to get paid. Some people are apparently going without food for days. Some landlords are evicting tenants due to rent arrears. As I say the Welfare system got out of control under Labour and needed reform, but surely it was designed to support people not starve them!